News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Greetings from Fairfax, Virginia

Started by Old Dominionite, November 05, 2017, 12:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Dominionite

Hello, all.  I'm a native New Englander and fellow road enthusiast who has lived in northern Virginia (and with VDOT) for the past 20 years.  Glad to have found this forum!

1995hoo

Welcome. Always nice to have another local resident here. I grew up in Strathmeade Square and the Mantua area and I now live in Kingstowne.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

hotdogPi

Welcome from northeastern Massachusetts! (PM me if you want to know which city/town exactly.)
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

adventurernumber1

Greetings from northern Georgia!!  :wave:

I've always wanted to visit northern Virginia, but I have not been able to do so yet as of now. I have, however, been to New England (Boston and Martha's Vineyard in the Summer of 2013), and I highly enjoyed the experience, and I would love to go back many times in the future!  :nod:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

7/8

Welcome from Kitchener, ON (though I'm currently posting this from a hotel in Collingwood)

froggie

Being in NoVA, are you familiar with the Virginia Highways Project?  Both mapmikey and I are on this forum regularly.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Old Dominionite on November 05, 2017, 12:25:29 PM
Hello, all.  I'm a native New Englander and fellow road enthusiast who has lived in northern Virginia (and with VDOT) for the past 20 years.  Glad to have found this forum!

Welcome!  Marylander (who still lives north of the creek) but I have had a lot of professional  dealings with VDOT (and VDHT before that) since the 1980's.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Jmiles32

Greetings from Gainesville! With all the major transportation projects going on in our area, either currently under construction or on the near horizon, there'll definitely be a lot for all us NoVA residents to discuss.
Aspiring Transportation Planner at Virginia Tech. Go Hokies!

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

index

Welcome to the forum! I'm also from Fairfax County, but I've lived in NC for most of my life.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

AlexandriaVA

Northern Virginia, including Fairfax Co, effectively my whole life.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.