News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Dallas, TX: Portion of SH 356 decomissioned

Started by Brian556, May 01, 2014, 12:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

I just discovered this recently on a TxDOT online map. A quick check of Streetview shows that the 356 signs have been removed from the BGS's on I-35E, and the standalones on the frontage roads are also gone. Strangely, there is no entry for this in the Highway Designation Files.

txstateends

I've known for a while about the lack of signage on and around I-35E, but I couldn't figure out what was going on.  I've since been by TX 356 and Loop 12, saw the 356 signs there, so I drove east to see what was signed.  Just as the map is drawn, there are no intersection or reassurances for 356 east of Regal Row, which is where the red line on Irving Blvd. stops being red.  I too have looked for the commissioning info at TxDOT's site, and nothing new.  I don't know why the changes, and why at the point that's mapped/signed, instead of at a numbered road, like Loop 12.  I've seen nothing since so far, other than your post.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

djlynch

Urban routes being truncated with no indication of the change in maintenance seem to be pretty common in Austin. I'm sure there is no trace at the end of FM 2304 at Manchaca and Matthews or an end of Loop 275 where S. Congress crosses Williamson Creek, and I think that the only sign on Airport Blvd/Loop 111 is a reassurance marker as you enter the stretch that is still state-maintained.

25or6to4

Brian556

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.