News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

TX: Dallas Residents Claim I-635 Construction Seriously Damaged Their Homes

Started by Brian556, April 02, 2015, 05:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

This is on the CBS 11 website. This is some serious damage. I'm wondering how the construction could have caused the ground to move enough to cause this amount of damage. They showed a place where the wall had moved about 2 inches at the top. The reporter set a golf ball on the floor of one home to show that it was no longer level.

Interestingly, this is probably not related, but there has been a rash of relatively small earthquakes south of this area in Irving, south of this area, at the LOOP 12/SH 183/SH114 interchange. A fault has been identified in that area. That activity started in 2008, before the I-635 construction started.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/04/01/class-action-lawsuit-claims-i-635-construction-damaged-homes/

Scott5114

I'm sure a lawyer could argue that there's no proof the property damage isn't due to the earthquakes instead.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.