News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

MUTCD Mileposts in California?

Started by ethanhopkin14, January 20, 2021, 03:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscar

Quote from: vdeane on March 20, 2021, 10:56:47 PM
Or the 125/11/905 interchange, for that matter.  The roadway geometry on 905 isn't affected by whether the rest of the ramps to/from 125 and 11 have been built yet.

Another complicating factor is that 11 is being extended to a brand-new border crossing east of the existing 905 crossing. If Caltrans really gives a crap about a new Interstate designation (all evidence is that it doesn't, except maybe for 210), it would need to mull over whether a new Interstate should follow 11 rather than 905 to the border, or whether AASHTO/FHWA might raise that question. Yet another reason/excuse for Caltrans not to bother with the paperwork and expense of trying to change out the route markers.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

vdeane

Having 905 take over 11 and 125 take over the rest of 905 would probably make more sense; this is definitely a case of numbers reflecting history more than current conditions.  That said, 11 being tolled would be a complicating factor, and in any case, it's not like 11 was around when 905 was finished.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

SeriesE

Had there been enough foresight on the routing, the 905/11/125 interchange can be way less convoluted than the current one.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.