News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

The Netherlands isn't flat

Started by SkyPesos, October 20, 2021, 02:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyPesos

You see this little change in elevation here? I know is subtle, but still shows that it's not flat.

And another one.

And another one!

Post your non-flat Netherlands photos or videos below.

JayhawkCO

Max Rockatansky

Whoa hold on a second, the Netherlands isn't the Grand splendor that is Illinois.  I say shenanigans to this thread unless it turns into a conversation about what roads in the Netherlands are haunted. 

SectorZ

Neither are the Netherregions.

hotdogPi

The Nether in Minecraft actually is haunted. In fact, it was added to the game on Halloween.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

SkyPesos

Proof that Amsterdam isn't flat: the canals are at a different elevation than the streets.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

SkyPesos

bing101

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 20, 2021, 03:21:10 PM
Whoa hold on a second, the Netherlands isn't the Grand splendor that is Illinois.  I say shenanigans to this thread unless it turns into a conversation about what roads in the Netherlands are haunted.
True and the Netherlands gets compared to Louisiana in terms of how some of their cities are under sea level.

Road Hog

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Road Hog on October 23, 2021, 05:05:25 AM
The Netherlands aren't flat.

We don't stray from the teaching of Lord Carhorn here. 

bing101

JoePCool14

Ask Max Verstappen, he might be able to give you an opinion on that.

One thing's for sure, the Zandvoort circuit isn't flat.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

formulanone

Quote from: JoePCool14 on October 26, 2021, 03:39:48 PM

But in Baku, his Tyre became flat.

Takumi

Quote from: formulanone on October 26, 2021, 03:44:18 PM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on October 26, 2021, 03:39:48 PM

But in Baku, his Tyre became flat.

Visit Azerbaijan
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

SkyPesos

Stephane Dumas

The highest point in the mainland Netherlands is the Vaalserberg aka Dutch mountains.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaalserberg

However if we include overseas territories, the highest point is Mount Scenery in the island of Saba in the Caribean Sea.
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/highest-points-in-the-netherlands-by-elevation.html

kernals12

This is some hill to die on

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kernals12 on May 29, 2022, 02:14:48 PM
This is some hill to die on

Heh, I used that phrase a couple times in the most recent "Illinois is flat"  thread.

Brandon

Quote from: NE2 on October 20, 2021, 08:05:34 PM
Doesn't look flat to me:

Depends.  If they're A's, then there's just a tiny knoll.  DD's on the other hand...
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

kphoger

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on May 29, 2022, 12:35:50 PM
However if we include overseas territories, the highest point is Mount Scenery in the island of Saba in the Caribean Sea.
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/highest-points-in-the-netherlands-by-elevation.html

Saba is not an overseas territory, though.  It is a constituent country of the Netherlands–except that it and the other two public bodies (openbaar lichaam) do not form a province.  Its residents vote in both Senate and House elections.

It is not part of the EU, but that doesn't mean it isn't part of the Netherlands.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.