News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Should I-97 be renumbered to a 3di?

Started by Pink Jazz, January 29, 2015, 07:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Jazz

I-97 is the shortest 3-digit primary Interstate highway in the United States.  I personally feel it should have been a 3-digit route.  I have heard somewhere that I-97 was originally planned to be much longer than it is now, but apparently any extension is never happening.  Therefore I think it should be renumbered to a 3di and I-97 should be freed for any Interstate that runs on the Delmarva Peninsula.  I-995 would be appropriate.

1995hoo

It connects to Interstates at both ends (I-695/I-895 spur in the north, I-595 in the south), so an odd prefix seems inappropriate. But Maryland used all their even numbers.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Pink Jazz

Quote from: 1995hoo on January 29, 2015, 08:09:06 PM
It connects to Interstates at both ends (I-695/I-895 spur in the north, I-595 in the south), so an odd prefix seems inappropriate. But Maryland used all their even numbers.

Well, I-595 is unsigned, so perhaps it wouldn't be too inappropriate.

NE2

Should this be the roadgeek Godwin's Law?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

exit322

Pete from Boston

I-97 is needed for Mass. Route 24, so, yes.

ATLRedSoxFan

Quote from: Pete from Boston on January 29, 2015, 08:50:13 PM
I-97 is needed for Mass. Route 24, so, yes.
Actually, that's a great idea.. It could be a continuation like I-76, 84 and 88. And fits the grid.

rickmastfan67

We already have a 6 page thread on this.  Locking it down as this belongs in the Fictional area (which is where the linked thread below is already located).

Interstate 97 --- Do you think that this freeway should be renumbered?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.