News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

MD 144

Started by Henry, November 07, 2012, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

Seeing that MD 144 as shown on maps is not a continuous route, often taken over by US 40 (and even I-70) in places, a question has come to me: Was it ever a single route from Western MD to Baltimore?
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Henry on November 07, 2012, 10:54:10 AM
Seeing that MD 144 as shown on maps is not a continuous route, often taken over by US 40 (and even I-70) in places, a question has come to me: Was it ever a single route from Western MD to Baltimore?

No.  Md. 144 is, with a few exceptions, old U.S. 40, and has never been contiguous. 

The excellent MDRoads site has a good (and I believe, accurate) discussion of 144 here.

Perhaps the biggest gap in 144 is between Hagerstown and Frederick, where the "old" U.S. 40 is now U.S. 40 Alternate.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

agentsteel53

Quote from: NE2 on November 07, 2012, 11:31:21 AM
That's nothing. http://www.openstreetmap.org/?relation=1714635

what is AR-159?  another collection of old alignments?  of US-65, in this case?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

NE2

I don't think so - it's just AHTD being weird.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Pilgrimway

Maryland seems to like these patchwork routes.  MD7 from Baltimore to Elkton is the same way.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.