News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Trip to Lexington, SC - 8/21/17

Started by noelbotevera, May 28, 2017, 02:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noelbotevera

I'm (and yes, my dad is coming too) heading down to SC to view the eclipse, specifically, Lexington (about 10 miles west of Columbia). Reason why is because Lexington has more viewing time than Columbia (about five more seconds), so I picked that location. I'm taking the fastest route possible, because of the early time it starts (1:07 PM EDT). I also have to return ASAP, because by this time classes have started. The route is simple; I-81 South, to I-77 South, to I-20 West (with an intermittent step on SC 277). The only issue is that the Charlotte area will be an issue, and if I arrive at a bad time, I'll also hit Carowinds traffic. I could use I-485, but depending on how many people know about it, I-485 will also be congested. If not, it should be a smooth ride to Fort Mill. I'll also have to find prime viewing spots, but that shouldn't be a challenge.

EDIT: Well, I just realized a problem, and that is that we have no second driver, since my brother will be in State College attending classes. Which means I have to stay up to stop my Dad from crashing. Guess I'll enjoy being awake for 10+ hours.

Feel free to post suggestions and other stuff.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Roadgeekteen

I don't know about you, but I can stay awake for 12-14+ hours. Also, school has started by mig August? Damm, that sucks man.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Max Rockatansky

Funny, I was just in Columbia a couple weeks ago to go to Congaree National Park.  Whatever you do avoid taking I-26 and I-40 back, unless you are a glutton for punishment on an over capacity Interstates in the middle of the Appalachians.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.