News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

New Member from NJ

Started by jas, May 22, 2010, 12:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jas

Hi, I just want to introduce myself, and say what a wonderful site this is.  I've been lurking for a few months, and love what I've seen so far.  Also, I'm looking for future advice, as my wife and I are headed out into unexplored territories in August when we depart from our usual travel route to WDW, and head out to see the Mississippi River before heading back east.

njroadhorse

Hello! I am also from New Jersey, North Jersey acutally.  Glad to have you aboard.
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

jas

Yes, I've noticed your presence on a few of the threads that have caught my interest.  Thank you for welcoming me here. 

Ian

Welcome from across the Delaware!
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

jas

Thank you...I've had the...umm...pleasure (?) of experiencing the Philly area in my travels.  Nothing like the eastbound Schuykill in rush hour.

Alex

Welcome to the board! Spent a lot of time driving NJ Roads over the years...

Ian

Quote from: jas on May 22, 2010, 11:25:57 PM
Thank you...I've had the...umm...pleasure (?) of experiencing the Philly area in my travels.  Nothing like the eastbound Schuykill in rush hour.

Yes, the "Surekill Distressway" (how about I-666?) is one of the worst rush hour traffic roads in the Philly area. The Roosevelt Boulevard is another bad one.
Youtube l Flickr

jas

Quote from: PennDOTFan on May 22, 2010, 11:59:57 PM
Thank you...I've had the...umm...pleasure (?) of experiencing the Philly area in my travels.  Nothing like the eastbound Schuykill in rush hour.

Yes, the "Surekill Distressway" (how about I-666?) is one of the worst rush hour traffic roads in the Philly area. The Roosevelt Boulevard is another bad one.

Or 95 south of Academy...the PA Tpk between Norristown and King of Prussia...Rt 202 through King of Prussia...Rt 422 approaching King of Prussia...many a delightful traffic excursions in the Philly area.

jas

Quote from: AARoads on May 22, 2010, 11:27:56 PM
Welcome to the board! Spent a lot of time driving NJ Roads over the years...

I consider it being battle-tested.

Ian

Quote from: jas on May 23, 2010, 08:38:07 AM

Or 95 south of Academy...the PA Tpk between Norristown and King of Prussia...Rt 202 through King of Prussia...Rt 422 approaching King of Prussia...many a delightful traffic excursions in the Philly area.

All bad ones. US 422 may be the worst out of that, there is so many cars on that road.

P.S., what part of Jersey are you in if you don't mind me asking?
Youtube l Flickr

jas

Quote from: PennDOTFan on May 23, 2010, 10:57:17 AM
Quote from: jas on May 23, 2010, 08:38:07 AM

All bad ones. US 422 may be the worst out of that, there is so many cars on that road.

P.S., what part of Jersey are you in if you don't mind me asking?
I was hoping my avatar was a hint, but, what the heck, I'm the newbie.  I'm in Lakehurst.  My work over the past 16 years has allowed me the opportunity to travel all over the tri-state area from Maryland to PA to LI and NY.  Plus, my wife and I take weekend trips to PA.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.