Erroneous road signs

Started by FLRoads, January 20, 2009, 04:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Maybe Sandwalk could "age" the photo and pretend it goes along with Cleveland's default back in 1978. :biggrin:
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

okroads

MO 45 actually continues straight ahead; MO 92 is to the left

InterstateNG

Apparently the NB Lakeshore Drive exit for Irving Park is for US 19. Who knew?
I demand an apology.

Brandon

Quote from: InterstateNG on July 22, 2011, 08:44:19 PM
Apparently the NB Lake Shore Drive [sic] exit for Irving Park is for US 19. Who knew?

Photo or link to photo of the Irving Park Rd exit on LSD marked for US-19?  :confused:
Last time I was there, it was marked for IL-19.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

InterstateNG

Didn't have my camera at the ready.  It's just before the BGS for Irving Park which does have a IL-19 sign
I demand an apology.

6a

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on July 08, 2011, 05:17:35 PM

Ohio Straight line diagram shows Oh 521 following US 36 (Williams St) into DT Delaware. However, 521 has not been signed, west from it's junction with US 36/Oh 37 since the US 23 "bypass" has been opened (mid 60s).
Speaking of the 23 bypass, at the southern end, where US 42 splits off, you'll see pavement markings directing you to SR 42. 

okroads

All 3 direction tabs on this assembly are wrong: they should all say South

hbelkins

KY 52 eastbound in Madison County, Ky. (Moberly/Speedwell area). Taken back during the winter. Has since been fixed.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alex

Why no, we are not in Immokalee, we are the farthest you can get in the same state from it!

This error has stood since at least May of 2004 now...

formulanone

Quote from: Alex on July 27, 2011, 12:13:21 PM
Why no, we are not in Immokalee, we are the farthest you can get in the same state from it!

Hey, it might be Jerome or Copeland...:pan:

vtk

Quote from: 6a on July 23, 2011, 07:04:09 PM
Speaking of the 23 bypass, at the southern end, where US 42 splits off, you'll see pavement markings directing you to SR 42. 

Apparently not.  US 23 has been resurfaced recently from the 23/42 split all the way to the south end of the "Experimental Test Pavement" section.  There are hardly any pavement markings at all: just a broken white line separating the two lanes in each direction.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Central Avenue

Quote from: vtk on July 31, 2011, 02:47:49 AM

Apparently not.  US 23 has been resurfaced recently from the 23/42 split all the way to the south end of the "Experimental Test Pavement" section.  There are hardly any pavement markings at all: just a broken white line separating the two lanes in each direction.

How recent was this? When I was up there earlier this month the lanes on the very southern portion of Sandusky Street (just off US 23) were still marked "SR 42"
Routewitches. These children of the moving road gather strength from travel . . . Rather than controlling the road, routewitches choose to work with it, borrowing its strength and using it to make bargains with entities both living and dead. -- Seanan McGuire, Sparrow Hill Road

vtk

Quote from: Central Avenue on July 31, 2011, 03:33:42 AM

How recent was this? When I was up there earlier this month the lanes on the very southern portion of Sandusky Street (just off US 23) were still marked "SR 42"

I've been through there a few times in the last couple of weeks, but only on US 23 & US 42.  I haven't been on Sandusky Street so I can't verify or dispute the existence of "SR 42" pavement markings there.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Mr. Matté

Seems odd to over-sign a speed hump for people going the wrong way.

rickmastfan67

Maybe the road used to be 2-way and they just changed it recently.  They also probably just didn't feel like taking down the old signs in case they wanted to undo the one way conversion.

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on August 01, 2011, 02:18:50 AM
Maybe the road used to be 2-way and they just changed it recently.  They also probably just didn't feel like taking down the old signs in case they wanted to undo the one way conversion.

As a local resident I can vouch its been one way for years. Bikes have to and commonly use this portion which is who I am sure those are targeting.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

roadfro

^ If that's the case, bikes violate the "Do Not Enter" signs...there should be an "Except bikes" or similar plaque, and the warning signs should be smaller, if the road is to cater to bikes in the wrong direction.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: vtk on July 31, 2011, 03:38:53 AM
Quote from: Central Avenue on July 31, 2011, 03:33:42 AM

I've been through there a few times in the last couple of weeks, but only on US 23 & US 42.  I haven't been on Sandusky Street so I can't verify or dispute the existence of "SR 42" pavement markings there.

Having driven through the intersection last night...
There might be lane markings for (just) "42" on the turn lane from US 23 NB to NB S. Sandusky St.  Nothing on US 23 SB (but thats where the repaving starts/end.)
However, on (NB) S. Sandusky St, the (right) turn lane onto US 42 SB does have SR 42 painted on it. No outline around the 42.
Don't know if it's ODOT or City of Delaware's fault on this one.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Brandon

Posted by the City of Aurora.  The nostalgia is nice, but this hasn't been US-30, much less Business US-30 in decades.

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

formulanone

US 12 gets a downgrade to M-12 in Canton, MI at the exit from I-275.

Ian

Would this be considered a misprint? Most of the steep hill graphic signs I see have the truck going toward the left and not the right as seen here:

This is on NY 9N southbound in Bolton, NY.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

roadfro

The MUTCD does allow for standard symbols to be flipped or oriented in different directions where applicable and warranted. The hill sign is usually oriented downhill to the left. However, since it appears the road in the picture makes a sharp turn to the right ahead, having the hill sign downhill to the right makes some sense, if it was done deliberately.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Ian

Quote from: roadfro on August 05, 2011, 12:45:25 AM
The MUTCD does allow for standard symbols to be flipped or oriented in different directions where applicable and warranted. The hill sign is usually oriented downhill to the left. However, since it appears the road in the picture makes a sharp turn to the right ahead, having the hill sign downhill to the right makes some sense, if it was done deliberately.

Ah, okay. That makes sense. Thanks for the answer!
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.