News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Erroneous road signs

Started by FLRoads, January 20, 2009, 04:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillWeaverRVA

This one's fairly new...

...and so is this, thanks to the major wind we've been having in Richmond over the past couple weeks.

11 was the original exit number for the I-64 EB exit on the Richmond-Petersburg Turnpike.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

corco

These fine boxes of rocks have popped up along 5 miles or so of I-76 heading into Denver

jdb1234

^^

And for all this time I thought US 76 ended in Chattanooga, TN. 

Bickendan

You were wrong.

Don't worry -- I already knew that US/BC 97 was already an impressive route, but I didn't know it was showing I-99 how it was done by jumping to PA as well!

corco

Here's a goof that has been driven by dozens of times but may have gone unnoticed (I didn't notice until I looked at the high res photo just now and I've driven by it several times)- AARoads doesn't mention it in their photo caption of the gantry- this is I-76 WB at I-270. I guess it's just a leftover and not so much an error.

thenetwork

Quote from: corco on May 16, 2010, 12:32:45 PM
Here's a goof that has been driven by dozens of times but may have gone unnoticed (I didn't notice until I looked at the high res photo just now and I've driven by it several times)- AARoads doesn't mention it in their photo caption of the gantry- this is I-76 WB at I-270. I guess it's just a leftover and not so much an error.

Theoretically, IF C-DOT & the NIMBY's ever do a Northwest extension linking I-70/C-470 to the Northwest Parkway, then upgrade the entire C-470/E-470/NWP loop to interstate standards, then renaming the whole loop as I-470, then upgrade the Boulder Turnpike (US 36) to interstate standards, then consider renaming the Boulder Turnpike a western extension of I-270, THEN the sign is technically correct.

Otherwise, just drop the FUTURE 270 bubble shield and just go with "TO" US-36 West.

WillWeaverRVA

Another entry in the "US routes signed as VA state routes" category... Richmond perpetuates the US 33/VA 33 enigma with this sign at VA 161:

VA 33 doesn't begin until about a mile east of this intersection, where US 33 ends along its useless multiplex on US 250. VA 33 goes up Harrison Street, then turns on Leigh Street and heads east (passing a ton more US 33 shields). US 33 needs to be truncated to US 250 already, since Richmond doesn't seem interested in fixing this despite sending me numerous forwarded emails of discussions with VDOT about improving the signage of this oddity - an email in March 2008 had Richmond Public Works telling VDOT it would install begin/end signage for US and VA 33 within 90 days. Two years later...
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Duke87

I spotted this when I was out galavanting around on Saturday. US 202 randomly gets demoted to a state route. :spin:
Other reassurance markers up and down the road from it which were presumably installed in the same project are all correct.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

BigMattFromTexas

Not sure whether this falls under "Damaged Signs" or Erroneous road signs" so I'll put it here, cause it could be fixed but it hasn't been.
BGS in San Antonio is missing the I-10 shield.

BigMatt

Scott5114

It'd be awesome if you saw it fall in the middle of the night and could recover it. :spin:
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

BigMattFromTexas

Heck yeah, I'd be "protecting" it from getting run over by cars. I think of interstate shields as little metal humans, I care about humans, so why not care about the shield? Haha. :-D
BigMatt

national highway 1

Question: How do the shields fall off?
"Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Take note of the highway, the road that you take." Jeremiah 31:21

hbelkins

Quote from: ausinterkid on June 03, 2010, 01:59:37 AM

I guess the rivets come loose. That's one of the problems with "demountable" shields that you don't get with ones that are directly applied to the reflective sheeting, but it's easier to replace them without needing a "greenout."

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alex

Spotted this Mississippi 278 error yesterday along the U.S. 45 Alt off-ramp to U.S. 45 & 278.

agentsteel53

Quote from: AARoads on June 03, 2010, 01:45:48 PM
Spotted this Mississippi 278 error yesterday along the U.S. 45 Alt off-ramp to U.S. 45 & 278.

hah, at the same intersection, Brent and I found a US-145.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

national highway 1

Quote from: BigMatt on June 02, 2010, 10:37:13 PM
Not sure whether this falls under "Damaged Signs" or Erroneous road signs" so I'll put it here, cause it could be fixed but it hasn't been.
BGS in San Antonio is missing the I-10 shield.

BigMatt
Quote from: hbelkins on June 03, 2010, 12:57:05 PM
Quote from: ausinterkid on June 03, 2010, 01:59:37 AM

I guess the rivets come loose. That's one of the problems with "demountable" shields that you don't get with ones that are directly applied to the reflective sheeting, but it's easier to replace them without needing a "greenout."
In this case:

From Hawaii http://www.alpsroads.net/roads/hi/hi_99/
The HI 99 shield fell off.
"Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Take note of the highway, the road that you take." Jeremiah 31:21

okroads

U.S. 265 in Utah?! (taken 5/27/10)

CL

Quote from: okroads on June 04, 2010, 11:49:47 AM

I wish contractors would get their act together.
Infrastructure. The city.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Scott5114

There actually is an OK-59... it's much farther west, however.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Rover_0

Quote from: CL on June 05, 2010, 02:30:09 AM
Quote from: okroads on June 04, 2010, 11:49:47 AM

I wish contractors would get their act together.

Well, we do have US-163. Why not?  :pan:
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

Bickendan

I've no idea if it's still there, but I've seen UT 92 signed as US 92.

changed some quoting issues by getting rid of the entire quoted text. 

corco

That makes three states with US-92!

agentsteel53

Quote from: corco on June 10, 2010, 09:26:25 PM
That makes three states with US-92!

dang discontinuous routes  :eyebrow:
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Crewdawg

Didn't get a photo but saw a US 89 off of US 93 southbound the other day.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.