News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Bridges in TV Shows and Film

Started by roadman65, April 07, 2013, 10:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobsini2

Full House had the Golden Gate Bridge right at the start of the credits in Season 1. 

Charmed also has shots of the Golden Gate in the opening.

Chips had several freeway and bridge scenes in the opening credits. There is one BGS at the 1:00 mark that looks like it says Harbor Frwy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwIOXDp6kNA

Family Matters has the family on bikes crossing one of the famous Chicago draw bridges. Judging from the background (The Wrigley Building is clearly visible and the NBC Tower just a bit in the screen shot on the right), I would say it is the Wabash Ave Bridge looking east.

I couldn't find the version I was looking for but I remember the opening credits (unedited version) of Married With Children had first a shot of Buckingham Fountain and then the end of I-55 ramps on to Lake Shore Dr.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

TEG24601

I notice these things more and more often as I watch TV...

The Fremont Bridge (I-405/US-30) in Portland on "Grimm"
The Hawthorne Bridge in Portland is many NW Toyota Commercials, and "Grimm"

The 6th Street Viaduct of Los Angeles in nearly every movie and TV show, including "The Fast and the Furious", "NCIS", "CSI", and "Enemy of the State"

The Deception Pass Bridge (SR 20) from Whidbey to Fidalgo Islands in "The Postman", "Free Willy 2", "The Last Mimzy"

The Bunker Hill Memorial Bridge in Boston in "Boston Legal"
They said take a left at the fork in the road.  I didn't think they literally meant a fork, until plain as day, there was a fork sticking out of the road at a junction.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.