News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Butte County fire swells to 5,000 acres, evacuations ordered

Started by bing101, November 08, 2018, 03:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

bing101

vdeane

Perhaps a single "California Wildfires" thread would be a good idea.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Rothman

Paradise, CA has down been mostly destroyed, per an old college roommate of mine from there.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

I'm essentially in the middle of four major fires where I'm at in Fresno.  You can't even see the Sierras due to all the smoke, definitely sucks having allergies. 

bing101

Bruce

We need to have a general wildfires thread. California alone would be able to pump up enough content year-round.

bing101

bing101

bing101

bing101

bing101

bing101

bing101

bing101

index

Does anyone think that calling this the "Camp Fire" was not that good of an idea..? Campfire...
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

bing101

Quote from: index on November 15, 2018, 08:25:01 AM
Does anyone think that calling this the "Camp Fire" was not that good of an idea..? Campfire...

Cal Fire and Butte County decided on that name though. Not the outlets I looked at initially though. Headlines in the area outlets originally said Butte County Fire or Paradise, CA fire though.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: bing101 on November 15, 2018, 09:22:18 AM
Quote from: index on November 15, 2018, 08:25:01 AM

Cal Fire and Butte County decided on that name though. Not the outlets I looked at initially though. Headlines in the area outlets originally said Butte County Fire or Paradise, CA fire though.

Isn't it just named after Camp Creek where it originated from?

tdindy88

I suppose the question then is why not call it the Camp Creek Fire? Or are they against two names.

Speaking of which, there was a fire earlier in the summer called the Carr Fire. I'm sure it was named for a road, but wasn't that fire actually caused by a "car?"

When I first started looking at this thread I thought Butte County was someplace in Montana, since Butte was there. It wasn't until the next day that I realized it was California.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: tdindy88 on November 15, 2018, 10:35:14 AM
I suppose the question then is why not call it the Camp Creek Fire? Or are they against two names.

Speaking of which, there was a fire earlier in the summer called the Carr Fire. I'm sure it was named for a road, but wasn't that fire actually caused by a "car?"

When I first started looking at this thread I thought Butte County was someplace in Montana, since Butte was there. It wasn't until the next day that I realized it was California.

Usually there is some sort of geographic feature the fires are named after.  I live near where the Fergusson Fire was which was named after a slide zone on CA 140 along the Merced River.  The Camp Fire has been brutal in terms of smoke, I'm a couple hundred miles south of it and I still have about only half mile visibility through the haze. 

bing101

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-fire-ledeall-california-paradise-20181115-story.html   Update 71 people reported dead and 1000 people reported missing according to Butte County Sheriff Department and Cal Fire.

bing101

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.