News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Burt Reynolds dead at 82

Started by roadman65, September 06, 2018, 04:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kevinb1994

I wasn't aware of him being THAT old. I was thinking that he was still in his 60s-70s. RIP

cjk374

Time to binge watch "Smokey & the Bandit" & "Cannonball Run".

RIP Burt Reynolds.  :-(

Does this make Sally Field the only MAIN character from "Smokey & the Bandit" still alive?  :hmmm:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

abefroman329

Quote from: cjk374 on September 06, 2018, 06:21:31 PMDoes this make Sally Field the only MAIN character from "Smokey & the Bandit" still alive?  :hmmm:
Junior might still be alive.

abefroman329

Quote from: kevinb1994 on September 06, 2018, 05:10:06 PM
I wasn't aware of him being THAT old. I was thinking that he was still in his 60s-70s. RIP
Oh God no, Boogie Nights was made 20 years ago and he looked every day of his 62 years in that movie.

adventurernumber1

RIP Burt Reynolds.  :-(

Smokey & The Bandit is one of my favorite movies of all time, especially with me being a roadgeek. It was sad to find out that he was suffering a lot with his health in his later years. Rest In Peace.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Stephane Dumas

Burt Reynolds is one of the rare stars who
Quote from: abefroman329 on September 06, 2018, 08:23:35 PM
Quote from: cjk374 on September 06, 2018, 06:21:31 PMDoes this make Sally Field the only MAIN character from "Smokey & the Bandit" still alive?  :hmmm:

There's also Paul Williams who portrayed Little Enos who's still alive as well.

abefroman329

Henry

Sadly, this has not been a great time for celebrities, with the music world still reeling from the death Aretha Franklin, and the political world from that of John McCain. Burt Reynolds was truly a legendary actor with his Smokey and the Bandit movies and the CBS sitcom Evening Shade, and he was the co-producer (along with the late Bert Convy) of the NBC game show Win, Lose or Draw. He will be very dearly missed.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

PHLBOS

Quote from: abefroman329 on September 06, 2018, 08:23:35 PM
Yes, Mike Henry is still alive.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

dvferyance

Ironically I believe Jerry Reed died 10 years ago sometime this week. Not sure the exact date but I heard about his death when I was on vacation in Virginia Beach right after Labor Day in 2008.

PHLBOS

Quote from: dvferyance on September 07, 2018, 10:05:00 AM
Ironically I believe Jerry Reed died 10 years ago sometime this week. Not sure the exact date but I heard about his death when I was on vacation in Virginia Beach right after Labor Day in 2008.
September 1, 2008
GPS does NOT equal GOD

dvferyance

Which was Labor Day that year. I must have heard about his death the next day which would have been Tuesday Sept 2nd.

adventurernumber1

Quote from: Henry on September 07, 2018, 09:12:32 AM
Sadly, this has not been a great time for celebrities, with the music world still reeling from the death Aretha Franklin, and the political world from that of John McCain. Burt Reynolds was truly a legendary actor with his Smokey and the Bandit movies and the CBS sitcom Evening Shade, and he was the co-producer (along with the late Bert Convy) of the NBC game show Win, Lose or Draw. He will be very dearly missed.

Indeed. A time of much mourning is in store right now. IIRC, from what I read, Burt Reynolds, as a producer, may also have helped put Georgia on the map in regards to as a popular filming location for big movies. And as a native of Georgia, that is a cool fact to me.

Quote from: dvferyance on September 07, 2018, 10:05:00 AM

And Jerry Reed is still dearly missed as well. Not only was he one of the stars in Smokey & The Bandit, but he was also a great country music singer (whose music I am familiar with, as a country music fan). We don't have many stars left from Smokey & The Bandit, as was noted upthread.

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

roadman65

Jerry Reed even sang the movie's theme song Eastbound And Down as well as the opening song, I believe its called the Legend of the Bandit.  It even mentions Monteagle Grade in the song where the Bandit lost his brakes on the way down.

Also They Call Him The Bandit was another he sang for the movie.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.