News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

North Pulaski County E-W Connector Study (I-440 beltway completion?)

Started by MikieTimT, July 17, 2020, 03:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikieTimT

http://www.ardot.gov/East-West-Connector

https://east-west-connector-study-atginc.hub.arcgis.com/

They are at the tail end of a virtual open house about options to tie I-40 to US-67(I-57).  Seems like a no-brainer to push at this time for an I-440 from I-430 up to and to include AR-440.  Or get really wild and name it a 2*x57 to look forward into the future of the area.

MikieTimT

I did the commenting on the map and drew what I though to be the logical routing through Camp Robinson and around almost all of the developed areas except having to cross through the Gravel Ridge area in a swing up north to avoid water as much as practicable.

Road Hog

It should tie in directly with AR 440 on the east and I-430 on the west to create a true loop. Since that path forms the center of the study area, I think that's the intent. Camp Robinson is a problem, but as long as the freeway doesn't go through any artillery ranges I guess it'll be OK. The freeway will also have to skirt Burns Park.

HillbillyHighwayman

Second paragraph under study description...

"The study will provide multiple opportunities for public involvement and solicit feedback on alternative alignments. While several studies were previously conducted in this area, this study will take a fresh look at potential alternatives that focus on connecting arterials in the northern Pulaski County region by using existing roadways where possible. Freeway or tolled alternatives will not be considered for the Connector Study. Logical segmentation will be identified for new alignments for the Connector to allow for phased implementation over time."

:-/

MikieTimT

Quote from: HillbillyHighwayman on July 17, 2020, 07:24:47 PM
Second paragraph under study description...

"The study will provide multiple opportunities for public involvement and solicit feedback on alternative alignments. While several studies were previously conducted in this area, this study will take a fresh look at potential alternatives that focus on connecting arterials in the northern Pulaski County region by using existing roadways where possible. Freeway or tolled alternatives will not be considered for the Connector Study. Logical segmentation will be identified for new alignments for the Connector to allow for phased implementation over time."

:-/

Then, it's pretty much local connectivity they are looking into, and it will be just a shortly overrun with traffic as the current disjointed routes currently are.  If they can put a local or state road through Camp Robinson, then they can put a freeway through as well that will serve both.  Just shortsighted as usual...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.