News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com

Started by hm insulators, October 21, 2013, 04:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkyatari

Structural Deficiencies of the Bridge over the River Kwai.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

thenetwork

Truck Stops whose Lot Lizards You've Clinched.

Brandon

Quote from: inkyatari on November 22, 2016, 09:26:55 AM
Structural Deficiencies of the Bridge over the River Kwai.

Or, for that matter, the River Kok.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

noelbotevera

Which interstates have you clinched by walking?

yakra

"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

hotdogPi

Quote from: yakra on November 22, 2016, 06:10:22 PM
Quote from: noelbotevera on November 22, 2016, 04:32:36 PM
ME I-295 7 8A

That's not a clinch. (I assume you mean from Exit 7 to Exit 8A.)
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

yakra

True, in the strictest sense. However, CHM did sort of introduce the idea of partial clinches, clinching mileage or segments, if not a whole route itself. :)
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

inkyatari

Best Highways in Montana for Cow Tipping

Yarn Stores along I-99

How Many Jello Jigglers Can You Eat While Driving I-238?

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: inkyatari on November 23, 2016, 06:59:19 AM
Best Highways in Montana for Cow Tipping

MT 47 since you have 70 MPH speed limits in addition easy access to make a high speed escape on your choice of I-90, I-94, and if you're crafty even US 212.

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

CNGL-Leudimin

Any pro-jihad thread
Users you think should be banned (dlzsabe, for example)
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Mapmikey

Quote from: noelbotevera on November 22, 2016, 04:32:36 PM

It is a near certainty that some shorter 3dis have been walked by litter pickup patrols, highway construction crews, facility maintenance folks, etc.

Also I-180 in Wyoming is probably walked every day by somebody as it has sidewalks on nearly all of it and a well worn foot path where it doesn't...

roadman

My road trip to Burma Shave (with apologies to Tom Waits)
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: roadman on November 23, 2016, 11:13:57 AM

I'll have to see if have pictures of the Burma Shave signs that are up on AZ 66.  I know for sure they have them in the back lot of the Hackberry General store, you could say that in effect...you do drive to Burma Shave.

inkyatari

Four words on each post....

noelbotevera

freebrickproductions

Threads you'll never see in Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

CNGL-Leudimin

I kinda named that one after I overshot with the controversial proposal involving toddlers (which spawned several WTFs):
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on October 07, 2016, 04:38:11 PMThread names you'll never see on 'Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com'
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

vtk

Collectively, which counties have we been to?

I mean, someone could start such a thread, but it seems like a lot of trouble.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on November 23, 2016, 05:12:15 PM
I kinda named that one after I overshot with the controversial proposal involving toddlers (which spawned several WTFs):
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on October 07, 2016, 04:38:11 PMThread names you'll never see on 'Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com'
Then it shall be "Threads you'll always see in Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com".

Quote from: vtk on November 23, 2016, 05:30:38 PM

Let's see here: Madison County, AL; Limestone County, AL; Jackson County, AL; Marshall County, AL; DeKalb County, AL; Colbert County, AL; Lawrence County, AL; Lauderdale County, AL; Morgan County, AL; Giles County, TN; Cullman County, AL; Davidson County, TN; Gadsden County, FL; Gulf County, FL; Jefferson County, AL; Shelby County, AL; Montgomery County, AL; Mobile County, AL; several other counties in Alabama; several other counties in Tennessee; and... uh... multiple counties in Pennsylvania and Georgia?
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: vtk on November 23, 2016, 05:30:38 PM

I believe oscar alone would complete that thread :sombrero:.

roadman

Quote from: noelbotevera on November 23, 2016, 02:43:07 PM
Quote from: inkyatari on November 23, 2016, 12:18:37 PM

Four words on each post....
Cheater! Five words!

Depended on the rhyme.  Some panels had four words, some had five.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

kphoger

Quote from: thenetwork on November 22, 2016, 11:53:19 AM
Lot Lizards You've Clinched.

"Clinched" must be a euphemism for something, I just know it...
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

exit322

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.