News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

ArDOT News Releases

Started by TheArkansasRoadgeek, May 07, 2018, 11:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

I can't find anything about I-40/430, though some work was done a couple years ago, I think.

I hope ARDOT hurries up with the bridge inspection on 540: we just had another truck accident (no fatalities this time)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: http://www.arkansashighways.com/news/2019_news/NR%2019-105.pdf
NR 19-105
Danny Straessle / Krista Sides
May 1, 2019

Department Seeking Public Input at Meeting to discuss
Preliminary Findings of Planning Study for U.S. Highway 412

MADISON COUNTY (5-1) — The Arkansas Department of Transportation (ARDOT) will hold
a public involvement meeting in Huntsville to present and discuss the preliminary findings
of a planning study for U.S. Highway 412 between the Oklahoma State line and the Missouri
State line.

The public is invited to visit any time during the scheduled hours to view displays, ask
questions and offer comments. The meeting will follow an open house format and will be
held from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Wednesday, May 15 — Huntsville
Carroll Electric Building (Conference Room)
5056 Highway 412B
Huntsville, AR

For more information, contact the ARDOT's Public Information Office at 501-569-2000 or
info@ardot.gov.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from:  http://www.arkansashighways.com/news/2019_news/NR%2019-126.pdf
NR 19-126
Danny Straessle/Krista Sides
May 24, 2019
Pavement & Bridge Deck Rehabilitation Requires Lane
Closures on both I-540 and I-40 in Van Buren and Fort Smith
CRAWFORD & SEBASTIAN COUNTIES (5-24) — Bridge deck rehabilitation and paving
requires lane closures on both Interstate 540 and Interstate 40 in Van Buren and Fort Smith,
according to Arkansas Department of Transportation (ARDOT) officials.

Weather permitting; the following closures will be put into place:

• The inside northbound lane of I-540 between U.S. Highway 71 (Exit 12) and Airport
    Dr. (Exit 9) will be closed starting Tuesday night, May 28 at 11:59 p.m. and will
    remain in place until work is complete, which is estimated to take approximately six
    weeks.

• The inside southbound lanes of I-540 between Rogers Ave. (Exit 8) and U.S. Highway
    71 (Exit 12) will be closed between 8:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. nightly starting on
    Wednesday, May 29.

• Alternating lanes of I-40 between mile markers 0 and 22 will be closed two miles at a
    time in each direction while crews remove and replace asphalt. These lane closures
    will be in place between 8:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. nightly starting on Wednesday,
    May 29
    and continue until work is complete, which is estimated to take until
    mid-2020.

Traffic will be controlled with signage, barricades and traffic barrels. Drivers should exercise
caution when approaching and traveling through all highway work zones. Additional travel
information can be found at IDriveArkansas.com or ARDOT.gov. You can also follow us on
Twitter @myARDOT.
-
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

US71

I don't see any work happening on 540 at this time given the flooding in the area
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.