News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Indiana Notes

Started by mukade, October 25, 2012, 09:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprjus4

Or overnight closures possibly?

pianocello

^Maybe in the future, but everything that's been announced up to now is planning to keep at least lane open on I-465, according to the latest update.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

tdindy88

I travel this highway every day and I've too seen those orange signs. I think they are just generic warnings about the construction along that stretch of road. Basically the signs will offer a general detour route around the construction as an alternative route around that part of 465. They are probably waiting until the North Split project is over though before they're unveiled. I would imagine INDOT would want to be keeping traffic ON I-65 and I-70 through the city instead of taking the bypass around the city, basically the complete opposite of what they've been encouraging the last almost two years. That's likely what's prompting the signs, they're going from encouraging/forcing traffic to stay on 465 to encouraging them not to take 465.

Revive 755

From recent travels:

* There's still a circular state route marker on WB IN 2 for the first roundabout west of US 30.

* There's a real interesting setup on the eastbound Borman to maintain a fourth through lane through one of the interchanges using the auxiliary lanes.  There is an extremely steep change in cross slope and a variation of 'all lanes' signage.

TempoNick

This one in Worthington, Ohio, has been there a long time.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/D9Sz43VhnsD3k45j8

74/171FAN

Quote from: TempoNick on April 16, 2023, 02:41:17 PM

And was covered on yesterday's Columbus Meet. 
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

TempoNick

Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 16, 2023, 06:42:18 PM

What is that? Did you guys meet in person or something?

Rothman

Quote from: TempoNick on April 16, 2023, 08:12:47 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 16, 2023, 06:42:18 PM

What is that? Did you guys meet in person or something?
Yes, they did.  When you see a meet-up thread, that's exactly what they mean.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

silverback1065

So it looks like the new exit at CR 300 N will replace the existing US 52 interchange and will have 52 be rerouted to this new exit to get back onto its old alignment.

https://iedc.in.gov/leap-lebanon

Check that link for a map. Kind of weird if you ask me, but I think it's to provide a full access interchange which the current one does not do.

SR 32 will also be realigned to be way south of where it is now.

tosa

Quote from: silverback1065 on April 17, 2023, 08:03:08 PM
So it looks like the new exit at CR 300 N will replace the existing US 52 interchange and will have 52 be rerouted to this new exit to get back onto its old alignment.

Check that link for a map. Kind of weird if you ask me, but I think it's to provide a full access interchange which the current one does not do.

The map shows the current NB entrance and SB exit ramps will be kept. It doesn't make sense to me, why not remove all the ramps and build an overpass?

silverback1065

Quote from: tosa on April 18, 2023, 08:17:39 AM

i think it's an error, it looks like the old road will just dead end. they already got rid of the old lafayette ave. ramps recently and those are still showing up.

The map shows the current NB entrance and SB exit ramps will be kept. It doesn't make sense to me, why not remove all the ramps and build an overpass?

bmeiser

This is a site marketing the new warehouse district. I wouldn't take their maps as gospel.

Pixel 7

ITB

Quote from: bmeiser on April 18, 2023, 08:23:06 AM
This is a site marketing the new warehouse district. I wouldn't take their maps as gospel.

Pixel 7

As with any major development like the LEAP district, designs and plans tend to change and be modified over time as the process moves forward. Will the final result be what is planned today? Maybe. Maybe not. It's to be expected.

The organization behind the LEAP district's creation is the Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC), the state's large public private partnership entrusted with spurring economic development. Construction of the last section of I-69, Section 6, for instance, was placed under the IEDC to facilitate funding mechanisms.

https://www.iedc.in.gov/

Edit: typo

ITB

Haven't seen this mentioned yet. Last week INDOT officially awarded the construction contract to extend Ronald Reagan Parkway from CR 600N to CR 750N in Hendricks County. White Construction of Clinton, IN, which submitted the winning bid of $37,940,000, will be the lead contractor. Construction is likely to get underway sometime this summer, if not earlier.

The updated official results of INDOT's March 15, 2023 lettings can be found here.

silverback1065

geeze that's pricey! I wonder if it's because it has a rail bridge on it  :hmmm:

jnewkirk77

That map is a flat-out mess

The final decision hasn't yet been made on where 52 is going to tie into 65 yet. That's coming this summer.  And none of the options that were shown to the public look anything like this.

And as far as 32 goes, the S-curve (shown as being between CRs 400W and 500W) is actually between 250W and 325W.  I don't know of any plans for any changes to that ... and there's really no need for there to be.

silverback1065

Anyone that uses 465 on the SE side regularly notice if the ramp meters are complete? I assume they wouldn't be functioning yet because I would expect a massive media blitz about them and how they work.  :hmmm: Over a month ago I noticed some on the US 40 exit being installed.

tosa

Quote from: ITB on April 18, 2023, 11:53:39 AM

Haven't seen this mentioned yet. Last week INDOT officially awarded the construction contract to extend Ronald Reagan Parkway from CR 600N to CR 750N in Hendricks County. White Construction of Clinton, IN, which submitted the winning bid of $37,940,000, will be the lead contractor. Construction is likely to get underway sometime this summer, if not earlier.

The updated official results of INDOT's March 15, 2023 lettings can be found here.

Wow, the length is less than 1.5 miles (measured in Google Earth), but the project costs almost $40M? The I-469 is more than 30 miles but the cost was only $341M (2021 equivalent, Wikipedia). What are they going to build there?

jnewkirk77

Quote from: tosa on April 21, 2023, 04:07:33 PM
Quote from: ITB on April 18, 2023, 11:53:39 AM

Wow, the length is less than 1.5 miles (measured in Google Earth), but the project costs almost $40M? The I-469 is more than 30 miles but the cost was only $341M (2021 equivalent, Wikipedia). What are they going to build there?

If memory serves, they're going to build a railroad overpass, so that alone is a pretty big chunk.

silverback1065

ya it has to be the rail bridge. rail bridges have to be minimum 23.5' above the tracks, so that requires a TON of earthwork to raise the road to get over the tracks!

jhuntin1

Quote from: silverback1065 on April 21, 2023, 09:28:59 AM
Anyone that uses 465 on the SE side regularly notice if the ramp meters are complete? I assume they wouldn't be functioning yet because I would expect a massive media blitz about them and how they work.  :hmmm: Over a month ago I noticed some on the US 40 exit being installed.
They're not ready yet. The vertical poles are up for most of them, at least at Southeastern Ave. and Emerson Ave., and I've seen them work on electrical wiring. I don't think they'll be ready before the end of summer.

silverback1065

Good news everyone! Both directions of 65 will open Sunday 4/30/23 through the north split! Only thing left is the C/D. I can confirm this by reading the posted signage on the VMS boards on 65s.

ITB

Quote from: silverback1065 on April 25, 2023, 08:04:11 PM
Good news everyone! Both directions of 65 will open Sunday 4/30/23 through the north split! Only thing left is the C/D. I can confirm this by reading the posted signage on the VMS boards on 65s.

That's great news. INDOT, in my opinion, was feeling the heat from the Indy politicos, the mayor, and so on, to get this project done! And now, finally, that moment has nearly arrived.

As for the Ronald Reagan Parkway, I came across an news article that provides perspective on the road's history and its future extension to Boone County. Access the article here.

Interstate 69 Fan

Quote from: ITB on April 26, 2023, 02:53:00 PM

That's great news. INDOT, in my opinion, was feeling the heat from the Indy politicos, the mayor, and so on, to get this project done! And now, finally, that moment has nearly arrived.

As for the Ronald Reagan Parkway, I came across an news article that provides perspective on the road's history and its future extension to Boone County. Access the article here.
Crazy to think one day RR Pkwy will extend from I-65 on the northwest side to basically I-69 on the southern side. First steps to a 2nd loop around the city perhaps? I doubt it unfortunately, though.
Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

silverback1065

Quote from: Interstate 69 Fan on April 26, 2023, 03:19:59 PM
Quote from: ITB on April 26, 2023, 02:53:00 PM

Crazy to think one day RR Pkwy will extend from I-65 on the northwest side to basically I-69 on the southern side. First steps to a 2nd loop around the city perhaps? I doubt it unfortunately, though.

The donut counties are doing a "Secret Outer Loop" 146th St, Mt Comfort Road, RR Pkwy, and Worthsville Road. They all sort of connect, or at least will eventually indirectly.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.