Cities with odd street networks

Started by 7/8, July 29, 2016, 08:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hm insulators

Quote from: Rothman on September 06, 2016, 08:07:08 AM
I've wondered about city plans that only take into consideration how they look like from the air.  Something that looks like a garden from above translates into an efficient or even aesthetically pleasing city at ground level?

Your post reminded me of another place in southern California with an odd street pattern from when it was built in the 1920s: an obscure L.A. suburb called Montrose, tucked in between Glendale, La Crescenta and La Canada Flintridge. Supposedly, Florencita Avenue, Waltonia Drive and others were laid out in concentric ovals around the intersection of Montrose Avenue and Ocean View Boulevard to (kinda, sorta) look like a rose when viewed from the air. The 210 Freeway disrupts the pattern to some extent, but look at a map or aerial picture and you can still see it.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.