News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Distinct roads with the same name & exits on the same freeway in the same metro

Started by KCRoadFan, September 02, 2023, 12:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jt4

Quote from: SkyPesos on September 06, 2023, 08:33:55 AM
Quote from: Dirt Roads on September 02, 2023, 11:10:30 PM
It's close to Lima (so not in the same metro), but I-75 Old Exit 67 in Cridersville is National Road (Exit 118).  But it was always curious to me how close that is to Old Exit 48 in Vandalia (next door to Dayton) for US-40 (Exit 63), which, of course, is "The National Road" (and just happens to be signed as such on the streetblades, but not shown on the I-75 BGSs).
Somewhat similar situation to the National Road, but I wonder how many "Dixie Highway" or "Dixie Road" exits from I-75 there are, as I-75 parallels the former Dixie Highway auto trail. I-75 Exit 188 in the KY side of the Cincinnati area is one of them, though I'm looking for a Dixie Highway exit on the Ohio side of Cincy.

I believe the closest intersection on the Ohio side would be Dixie Drive in Dayton.

LilianaUwU

A-40/A-73, A-740 and A-973/QC 175 all have an exit for QC 138/Boulevard Wilfrid-Hamel.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

andrepoiy

In the Greater Toronto Area, there's Brock Road and Brock Street, 4 exits apart from one another.

Flint1979

Michigan has some Dixie Highway exits from I-75. I know Exits 15, 93 and 144 are all Dixie Highway, there is a road called Dix-Toledo Highway and then just Dix Highway in the Downriver Detroit area as well that has a few exits with I-75.

mrsman

Quote from: Occidental Tourist on September 04, 2023, 01:29:20 AM

The 10 has two Central Avenue exits, one in LA and one in Montclair. It also has two Valley Blvds., one in Baldwin Park and the other in Ontario.

Many years ago, the Central Ave exit in SB County on both 10 and 60 were named "Montclair Chino" as a way of distinguishing the exit from the Central Ave exit in LA. 

kphoger

Quote from: Henry on September 05, 2023, 10:29:43 PM
I-94 in Chicagoland has two Kennedy exits:

In IL, Exit 43B off WB I-94 is WB I-90, the Kennedy Expressway that takes you to O'Hare and Rockford (the western, or northern, end of their concurrency, however you want to call it).
In IN, Exit 3 is Kennedy Avenue (though here it shares a concurrency with I-80).

It's a good thing I-88 doesn't follow the Roosevelt Road corridor instead, or else it might have consecutive exits for Main St (Wheaton), Main St (Glen Ellyn), and Main St (Lombard).
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

lpmall

I'm surprised that no one's mentioned i-680 in the East Bay (CA) area with two interchanges for Mission Blvd. It's the same road; the fun trivia is that the stretch between the two interchanges is a city (Fremont) street, while the other sections are two separate California state routes (CA-262 between i-680 and i-880; CA-238 between i-680 and i-580).

roadfro

Nevada has one I can think of, down in the Las Vegas Valley.

US 95 exit 82 in northwest Las Vegas is for Lake Mead Blvd and I-11/I-515/US 95/US 93 exit 23 (former exit 61) in Henderson is for Lake Mead Pkwy (also SR 564). Both streets will eventually take you to different parts of Lake Mead.

Fun fact with these is that these streets used to both have exits on I-15 as well. I-15 still has the Lake Mead Blvd exit in North Las Vegas (at this point, the road carrying SR 147). However, the Henderson exit is now St Rose Pkwy (SR 146). The construction of I-215 atop several miles of the then Lake Mead Drive/SR 146 alignment severed the road into two segments, and NDOT eventually gave the eastern segment a new highway number and Henderson opted to change the name of the western segment.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

US 89

Quote from: thenetwork on September 03, 2023, 06:54:34 PM
I think the definitive winner of the post has to be I-15 in the Salt Lake City Metro Area by far.

There are so many "Main Street" and "x00 East/West" exits on the 15 between Spanish Fork and Ogden -- nearly each 'suburb' along the way has its own Main Street along with their own x00(0) street grid system -- that there is a LOT of repetition where "Main Street" and some of the "x000 East (or West)" arteries come up as exits every 5-10 miles or so. 

But each 'duplicate' is in it's own town along the way.

There's not actually that much overlap in the numbered street exits. As far as I know, the only true duplicate numbered streets are 400 South (Springville and Salt Lake City) and 400 North (Bountiful and Ogden). Although there are a lot of distinct coordinate systems, the major roads that get interchanges at I-15 tend to be different in each city. It does help that Salt Lake County is all on one grid, and Davis County tends to have more real names for its streets. Parrish Lane in Centerville would be another 400 North if it were numbered normally.

That or, of course, the only exit from an interstate in a given town is Main Street or Center Street. There are Main Street exits in Santaquin, Payson, Spanish Fork, American Fork, and Lehi, and there used to be another one in Layton before that junction was reconfigured. Meanwhile, there are Center Street exits in Provo, Orem, and North Salt Lake. The huge concentration of these in Utah County means that down there, the city name is usually included on the exit sign itself - that is, the name on the sign for exit 282 is "Lehi Main St".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.