News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

US Shield Update - Apple Maps MacOS 14 / iOS 17

Started by KEK Inc., October 13, 2023, 01:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KEK Inc.

Not sure if this was added in earlier builds of Apple Maps, but I noticed that they now have a black background on US-shields outside of California. 

They still use cut-out shields for California, and if you zoom in it'll show the 'US' above the numerals!

Take the road less traveled.

Quillz

Yeah, I think this was an update with iOS 17/macOS Sonoma. I noticed it, too. The California route shields still have an outer green outline, though.

DTComposer

Quote from: KEK Inc. on October 13, 2023, 01:51:47 PM
Not sure if this was added in earlier builds of Apple Maps, but I noticed that they now have a black background on US-shields outside of California. 

They still use cut-out shields for California, and if you zoom in it'll show the 'US' above the numerals!

From what I can tell (on iOS/iPadOS) only US-101 got that treatment; all the other US routes (6, 95, 97, 199, 395) seem to still be the original style.

Kinda cool to go to a border section and see the cut-out vs. non-cut-out shields on each side of the state line, though.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.