News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

General NBA thread

Started by Roadgeekteen, December 27, 2018, 10:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane Rex

Oh that Game 5 was good. Blazers came back in Q4 from a 15 point deficit to win via 37 foot buzzer beater. 1st since 1997 to close out a series excluding Lillards 2014 .9 shot.

Buzzer beater: https://www.nba.com/blazers/video/teams/blazers/2019/04/24/2579088/1556083337116-dame-game-winner-2579088

Recap: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bsagopMV3ps

#RIPCITY
#BLAZERSADVANCE
#LILLARDTIME

SM-J737T

ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

ET21

Pretty boring 1st round of the playoffs so far compared to the NHLs 1st round. Hopefully the 2nd round matchups bring some good games (I'm looking at you BOS-MIL)
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

nexus73

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on April 24, 2019, 02:25:39 AM
Oh that Game 5 was good. Blazers came back in Q4 from a 15 point deficit to win via 37 foot buzzer beater. 1st since 1997 to close out a series excluding Lillards 2014 .9 shot.

Buzzer beater: https://www.nba.com/blazers/video/teams/blazers/2019/04/24/2579088/1556083337116-dame-game-winner-2579088

Recap: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bsagopMV3ps

#RIPCITY
#BLAZERSADVANCE
#LILLARDTIME

SM-J737T

50 points.  Franchise record for points in a playoff game.  10 treys.  Franchise record for a playoff game.  A game for the memory banks indeed!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Henry

Here in Seattle, I hear them thanking the Blazers for knocking out the traitors from OKC, the former SuperSonics!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

MantyMadTown

Quote from: ET21 on April 24, 2019, 09:52:35 AM
Pretty boring 1st round of the playoffs so far compared to the NHLs 1st round. Hopefully the 2nd round matchups bring some good games (I'm looking at you BOS-MIL)

This year's Bucks-Celtics series should be much more exciting than last year's. The Bucks are so much better this year, plus the Celtics have all their core players, save for Marcus Smart. There's also the intrigue of both teams sweeping last round's opponents.
Forget the I-41 haters

thspfc

Quote from: MantyMadTown on April 24, 2019, 05:33:33 PM

This year's Bucks-Celtics series should be much more exciting than last year's. The Bucks are so much better this year, plus the Celtics have all their core players, save for Marcus Smart. There's also the intrigue of both teams sweeping last round's opponents.
I agree. We'll see if Giannis can outscore Kyrie though . . .

MantyMadTown

Quote from: thspfc on April 24, 2019, 05:42:15 PM
Quote from: MantyMadTown on April 24, 2019, 05:33:33 PM

I agree. We'll see if Giannis can outscore Kyrie though . . .

Oh he will...
Forget the I-41 haters

tchafe1978

Bucks in 6! Fear the Deer!

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: tchafe1978 on April 25, 2019, 03:38:07 PM

Adding another one to the collection would be better

And now we have to win one for Hondo:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/celtics-legend-john-havlicek-mainstay-60s-and-70s-champions-dies-79
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Buck87

Sad to see Havlicek is gone. He was a great Buckeye.

Fun fact, he was drafted with the 95th overall pick in the 1962 NFL Draft by the Cleveland Browns as a wide receiver and briefly attended training camp before focusing on the Celtics, who had picked him with the 7th overall pick in the NBA draft.

Verlanka

Quote from: Buck87 on April 25, 2019, 10:37:55 PM
Sad to see Havlicek is gone. He was a great Buckeye.

Fun fact, he was drafted with the 95th overall pick in the 1962 NFL Draft by the Cleveland Browns as a wide receiver and briefly attended training camp before focusing on the Celtics, who had picked him with the 7th overall pick in the NBA draft.

He's not only one. Jimmy Walker (the father of Jalen Rose) and Bubba Smith were also drafted by both the NFL and NBA.

Henry

I feel for those Celtics fans who were there when Havlicek played. I hope the next championship will be dedicated in his honor.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

thspfc

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 29, 2019, 09:11:44 PM
Quote from: tchafe1978 on January 29, 2019, 07:03:36 PM
Nothing would be more awesome than both the Bucks and the Brewers winning titles this year. Milwaukee is overdue for a championship. Of course I'd be happy with either team winning. Sure, the Packers have won a Super Bowl fairly recently, but they aren't technically Milwaukee's team, regardless of the tremendous support they recieve in the area.
It's funny seeing the Packers be the worst Wisconsin team.
It's also very satisfying as a Wisconsinite who dislikes football in general, but specifically the mess that has been the Packers over the last few years.

Hurricane Rex

That was stressful. 4OT game Nuggets vs. Blazers on a conference day for me after midterm hell.

That being said, best game I've seen in a while, and it's clear each team is near equal.

Score: 140-137 Portland. Back and forth back and forth. Tied longest playoff game.

SM-J737T

Running till I die.

nexus73

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on May 04, 2019, 02:24:43 AM
That was stressful. 4OT game Nuggets vs. Blazers on a conference day for me after midterm hell.

That being said, best game I've seen in a while, and it's clear each team is near equal.

Score: 140-137 Portland. Back and forth back and forth. Tied longest playoff game.

SM-J737T

Those two teams went at it like Ali-Frazier.  Tough, well-played and properly coached.  Neither team gave an inch but Portland got the inch opening at the very end to pick up the win...barely.  This game could have gone 5 or 6 OT's it seemed. 

Denver's center set an NBA record for most minutes played in a game by a 7-footer.  He gets the "Great Effort In A Magnificent Loss" award while McCollum gets the "Great Game To Play Your Best" for the Blazers. 

Portland now has the best game ending shot in the playoffs and the best game in the playoffs.  Team of destiny perhaps.  Team with the most pop to watch, definitely.  It has been a long time since that could be said about Portland's basketball franchise.

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

triplemultiplex

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on April 19, 2019, 02:26:01 PM
EC:
Round 1:
Bucks vs Pistons: Bucks sweep (effort alone doesn't win playoff games)

Bucks vs Celtics: Bucks in 5

So far, so good.  Let's keep this going.

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on April 19, 2019, 02:26:01 PMEC Finals:
Bucks vs Raptors: Bucks sweep. (Raptors have choked in Playoff games in the past really badly)

But then change it up starting here:

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on April 19, 2019, 02:26:01 PMFinals: Rockets vs Bucks: Rockets in 5.

:P
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Henry

Quote from: triplemultiplex on May 09, 2019, 11:50:28 AM
EC:
Round 1:

Bucks vs Raptors: Bucks sweep. (Raptors have choked in Playoff games in the past really badly)

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on April 19, 2019, 02:26:01 PMFinals: Rockets vs Bucks: Rockets in 5.

Sorry 3MX, your pick to win the Finals has been eliminated. History is being made in the Western Conference Finals, as two brothers (Stephen and Seth Curry) will face each other for the first time ever in this stage of the playoffs.

Meanwhile, the Bucks will get the Raptors, who eliminated the 76ers on a shot that seemed to sit there forever and then fell through. Now that is the most definitive shot of the playoffs!

nexus73

Quote from: Henry on May 13, 2019, 10:25:51 AM
Quote from: triplemultiplex on May 09, 2019, 11:50:28 AM
EC:
Round 1:

Meanwhile, the Bucks will get the Raptors, who eliminated the 76ers on a shot that seemed to sit there forever and then fell through. Now that is the most definitive shot of the playoffs!

Uh, I guess Lillard's long trey to dagger OKC in the series did not register with you.  That was the "definitive shot" of the playoffs IMO, historical even.  Go ahead, read up on it!

Rick

Hurricane Rex

Both of you, I still think Lillard's 2014 shot against the Rockets was better than both as if he missed, the Blazers would've lost, and had less than a second to shoot. And Leonard's shot was half luck with all the bounces.

Now for round 2 of predictions:

EC: Bucks vs Raptors: Bucks in 5. Bucks have DOMINATED this year and in the playoffs and I don't see that changing, plus the Raptors can get inconsistant.

WC: Blazers vs. Warriors: Warriors in 7. I want the Blazers to win, but the warriors have the offence that I'm not sure anyone in the WC can beat. Portland does have the capability to pull an upset but they need to have the series at 1-1 by game 2 to have a chance.

SM-J737T

Running till I die.

thspfc

Golden State vs Milwaukee in the finals.
Game 1: GSW
Game 2: MIL
Game 3: GSW
Game 4: GSW
Game 5: MIL
Game 6: GSW

nexus73

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on May 13, 2019, 02:21:03 PM
Both of you, I still think Lillard's 2014 shot against the Rockets was better than both as if he missed, the Blazers would've lost, and had less than a second to shoot. And Leonard's shot was half luck with all the bounces.

EC: Bucks vs Raptors: Bucks in 5. Bucks have DOMINATED this year and in the playoffs and I don't see that changing, plus the Raptors can get inconsistant.

WC: Blazers vs. Warriors: Warriors in 7. I want the Blazers to win, but the warriors have the offence that I'm not sure anyone in the WC can beat. Portland does have the capability to pull an upset but they need to have the series at 1-1 by game 2 to have a chance.

SM-J737T

You are being generous to Portland or figuring Golden State is not all that good compared to their past title winning teams to make it a 7 game series.  The Blazers have their moments while the Warriors have their hot streaks.  I'd pick the "hot streaks" for the win.

Rick

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: nexus73 on May 13, 2019, 07:27:32 PM

SM-J737T

You are being generous to Portland or figuring Golden State is not all that good compared to their past title winning teams to make it a 7 game series.  The Blazers have their moments while the Warriors have their hot streaks.  I'd pick the "hot streaks" for the win.

Rick
When golden state is down 2 of their best and went to 6 with the Clippers, yes I'm saying they'll go to 7. I had 5 originally before I edited it up now knowing KD won't be in G1/2

SM-J737T

Running till I die.

nexus73

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on May 13, 2019, 07:42:50 PM
Quote from: nexus73 on May 13, 2019, 07:27:32 PM

SM-J737T

Rick
When golden state is down 2 of their best and went to 6 with the Clippers, yes I'm saying they'll go to 7. I had 5 originally before I edited it up now knowing KD won't be in G1/2

SM-J737T

GS does not need Durant.  Portland does not have a LeBron who needs offsetting.

Rick

ET21

Blazers-Raptors or Bucks final. Please beat Golden State!
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

tchafe1978

Golden State in 6 over Portland.

Bucks in 7 over the Warriors for all the marbles!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.