News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Staples Center Will No Longer Exist...Here's What's Going to Replace it

Started by Henry, November 17, 2021, 11:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgk920

triplemultiplex

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

JoePCool14

Crypto.com is really going all in on sponsorships. They're a big sponsor of Formula 1 since last year.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

stlukeyo7

it is funny how close it is to skidrow where those poor folks are struggling to even make dollars while the stadium down the road is moving to crypto. who uses staples anymore anyway

mgk920

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 01, 2022, 01:35:52 PM
Why can't we just use us dollars to buy things wtf
Going back to when I first heard of the concept of 'crypto-currencies', I have not been able to clear my mind of the image of a burlap bag full of tulip bulbs.

Anyways, back onto topic, 'Wrigley Field' in Chicago?  That old park got its name from a corporate rights sponsor.

Mike

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: mgk920 on June 02, 2022, 11:28:39 AM
Going back to when I first heard of the concept of 'crypto-currencies', I have not been able to clear my mind of the image of a burlap bag full of tulip bulbs.

Anyways, back onto topic, 'Wrigley Field' in Chicago?  That old park got its name from a corporate rights sponsor.

Mike

Sort of. The Wrigley family owned the team and the stadium in addition to the chewing gum company, so not a corporate sponsor in the sense that the company was paying the team to name the stadium.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

kphoger

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on June 02, 2022, 11:35:57 AM

Quote from: mgk920 on June 02, 2022, 11:28:39 AM

Sort of. The Wrigley family owned the team and the stadium in addition to the chewing gum company, so not a corporate sponsor in the sense that the company was paying the team to name the stadium.

And, actually, the one in LA was named after him first.  The one in Chicago took the name Wrigley two years later.  William Wrigley Jr owned both the major-league Chicago Cubs and the minor-league LA Angels.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.