Why cant RCID in Florida make up their minds about one specific interchange

Started by roadman65, May 04, 2022, 06:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I remember when the Epcot Drive and Buena Vista Drive interchange was a simple diamond exchange.  However, when the Bonnet Creek Parkway and Resorts were added it added a new side road to the mix, so half the diamond was cut off and a loop ramp was added to WB- NB Epcot Drive to WB Buena Vista Drive while the SB-EB Epcot Drive Ramp to Buena Vista Drive was moved back some so that an overpass could connect to Bonnet Creek Parkway while Back Stage Lane became the loop ramp from Buena Vista Drive to Epcot Drive EB for I-4 and SR 536.  Bonnet Creek Parkway then became access to Epcot Drive from Buena Vista Drive via hook ramps to Epcot Drive.

Now the one diamond NB- WB on Epcot Drive is now back to its original format with a signal as the loop ramp from Epcot to Buena Vista is been removed to allow for a new ramp from Buena Vista Drive to Epcot Drive SB- EB to I-4 and Sr 536 to be built as the old one is now an employee or service vehicle roadway.

Then the Buena Vista and World Drive interchange is been modified to a clover leaf!  Considering that clover leaves are being axed throughout North America due to safety issues, dumb Disney is adding them from scratch to replace the other interchanges that the rest of the continent is recreating.

Why can't Disney get with it?  They got to know more than the rest of us do as ABC news is on their payroll. Easy access to the news media.  I know they have to justify their high prices and have to keep spending money on useless projects to keep it alive like our beloved toll roads do.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

NJRoadfan

What the heck is going on near the Magic Kingdom parking lot and car care center? Quite a bit of ramp construction there too.

froggie

Quote from: roadman65 on May 04, 2022, 06:26:30 PM
I remember when the Epcot Drive and Buena Vista Drive interchange was a simple diamond exchange.  However, when the Bonnet Creek Parkway and Resorts were added it added a new side road to the mix, so half the diamond was cut off and a loop ramp was added to WB- NB Epcot Drive to WB Buena Vista Drive while the SB-EB Epcot Drive Ramp to Buena Vista Drive was moved back some so that an overpass could connect to Bonnet Creek Parkway while Back Stage Lane became the loop ramp from Buena Vista Drive to Epcot Drive EB for I-4 and SR 536.  Bonnet Creek Parkway then became access to Epcot Drive from Buena Vista Drive via hook ramps to Epcot Drive.

Now the one diamond NB- WB on Epcot Drive is now back to its original format with a signal as the loop ramp from Epcot to Buena Vista is been removed to allow for a new ramp from Buena Vista Drive to Epcot Drive SB- EB to I-4 and Sr 536 to be built as the old one is now an employee or service vehicle roadway.

If I'm understanding you right (your description isn't entirely clear), this work was done a number of years ago.  It was certainly in place by 2017.

QuoteThen the Buena Vista and World Drive interchange is been modified to a clover leaf!  Considering that clover leaves are being axed throughout North America due to safety issues, dumb Disney is adding them from scratch to replace the other interchanges that the rest of the continent is recreating.

This one is not a full cloverleaf.  The NB World Drive ramps are still in a standard diamond configuration.  Perhaps you're confusing it with World Dr/Osceola Pkwy?

QuoteWhy can't Disney get with it?  They got to know more than the rest of us do as ABC news is on their payroll. Easy access to the news media.  I know they have to justify their high prices and have to keep spending money on useless projects to keep it alive like our beloved toll roads do.

I think you're overreacting here.  Keep in mind that WDW gets 5-digits worth of visitors every day, even now in this post-COVID world.  Most of the construction I've seen recently is very much justified.

Quote from: NJRoadfan on May 04, 2022, 06:55:28 PM
What the heck is going on near the Magic Kingdom parking lot and car care center? Quite a bit of ramp construction there too.

There wasn't last month.  There was a project a few years ago that was revising how World Dr exited from the main Magic Kingdom lot access and also adding what is effectively a trumpet interchange at Vista Blvd, but that project's wrapped up now.

Are you referring to what's going on near Epcot?  WB Epcot Center Dr is closed at Bonnet Creek as they're fully redoing the entrance to the Epcot parking lot.

NJRoadfan

I was there in February. The south side of the Magic Kingdom lot near the car care center had a bit of construction (looked like MSE walls) going on.

Streetview caught the early stages of it last year: https://goo.gl/maps/k7oPCdgodtoWH3Dc8

froggie

^ Found it.  They're building a new interchange and access ramps to better connect World Dr to Floridian Way as well as a better exit from the Magic Kingdom/Transportation Center parking lots.

The posts in the GMSV image are for the bridge that will take Floridian Way over the MK exit.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.