News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

business using real US-66 button copy around the I-44/OK-66 interchange in tulsa

Started by Breadman17, January 13, 2023, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breadman17

So i went on a road trip from pittsburgh PA to phoenix AZ not relatively long ago. We had to pass through Tulsa on I-44 at one point but with the construction going on around the OK-66 interchange, I ended up screwing something up and we ended up on OK-66 through new sapulpa rd around that area. I remember very specifically that on that road there was a business using a real (or at least a stunningly accurate replica of a) california-esque US-66 button copy freeway sign inside of their business sign but i cant for the life of me remember the exact spot where it was. I'm certain it was in that spot but i wasn't able to find it on google maps. With a long road trip like that, though, it's possible I was just going crazy haha. Does anyone know what I'm talking about????
ASU or bust!!!

Mapmikey

Quote from: Breadman17 on January 13, 2023, 05:43:01 PM
So i went on a road trip from pittsburgh PA to phoenix AZ not relatively long ago. We had to pass through Tulsa on I-44 at one point but with the construction going on around the OK-66 interchange, I ended up screwing something up and we ended up on OK-66 through new sapulpa rd around that area. I remember very specifically that on that road there was a business using a real (or at least a stunningly accurate replica of a) california-esque US-66 button copy freeway sign inside of their business sign but i cant for the life of me remember the exact spot where it was. I'm certain it was in that spot but i wasn't able to find it on google maps. With a long road trip like that, though, it's possible I was just going crazy haha. Does anyone know what I'm talking about????

it is here - https://goo.gl/maps/hidtRNWAFXEzLvbi7

bugo

You can't mention button copy and Tulsa together without mentioning these signs.

CoreySamson

Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

bugo

Quote from: CoreySamson on January 13, 2023, 10:12:00 PM
^ Wait, do those still exist? If they do, I want to take a picture.

Unless they have been removed in the last year, yes.

Breadman17

Quote from: Mapmikey on January 13, 2023, 07:33:09 PM
Quote from: Breadman17 on January 13, 2023, 05:43:01 PM

it is here - https://goo.gl/maps/hidtRNWAFXEzLvbi7

Yep!!! I was starting to doubt it existed at this point haha. i wonder how they got it? I want one!!
ASU or bust!!!

Breadman17

damn i didn't see those on the way to phoenix. Had no idea they were there unfortunately  :-(
ASU or bust!!!

Scott5114

Quote from: Breadman17 on January 14, 2023, 03:49:29 AM
Yep!!! I was starting to doubt it existed at this point haha. i wonder how they got it? I want one!!

It's an auction business, so they probably got it through the usual means that auction businesses get things.

If you want one...Got $3495? (Yes, they're serious. Yes, that's how much they usually cost.)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Breadman17

ehhh maybe i don't have THAT much laying around but i can dream cant i
ASU or bust!!!

bugo

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.