Twice yesterday on my bike ride, I got into a left turn lane, signaled left (as required by law) and waited for a gap in traffic to make my turn–exactly as I would in my car, the only difference being an outstretched left arm serving as a turn signal inst

Started by briantroutman, August 23, 2015, 06:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdeane

Sometimes actuated doghouses can cause issues too.  The one I encounter when leaving the grocery store was programmed such that the left turn arrow almost never activated until recently.  There's one on my commute the provides access to NYSDOT; it rarely activates during the evening rush, which can make returning from field work interesting.

It also seems that the amount of left turn arrows drops off rapidly when leaving the state highway system.

I was also thinking of the NY 31/US 11 light in particular.  Very heavily traveled but no arrows for some reason.  A guy actually honked at me for getting out of the intersection when the light turned red.  Guess the eager beavers on US 11 south aren't willing to wait even a second to make sure northbound traffic isn't obstructed.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.