News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

At least four new state routes in Alabama

Started by Charles2, August 23, 2016, 08:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles2

After browsing through the Alabama milepost maps, it appears that ALDOT has designated at least four new state routes:

* SR 300 is short (less than 0.8 mile) connector between US-11/43 and I-20/59 at Exit 62 in Tuscaloosa County
* SR 301 is an even shorter (0.428 mile) connector between US-78 and I-20 in Calhoun County, designated along the former route of U.S. 431.  ICYMI, U.S. 431 is now co-routed with I-20 between Exits 188 and 191.
* SR 378 is the designation of Finley Boulevard in the northwest and north sections of Birmingham, between US-78 (Arkadelphia Road) and US-31 (Carraway Boulevard/26th Street North), a distance of just over 2.3 miles.
* SR 382 is the designation of the former route of US-82 though Centreville.

I don't think any of these routes are signed.  Why did they even bother with the designations?

froggie

QuoteI don't think any of these routes are signed.  Why did they even bother with the designations?

Probably because the routes are still considered part of the state highway system.

NE2

SR-378 looks like a newly taken over route, and SR-300 may be too.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

froggie

Yes, 378 is "newly taken over".  But because it's part of the state highway system, ALDOT gave it a number.  That was my point.

formulanone

Quote from: NE2 on August 24, 2016, 02:40:00 AM
SR-378 looks like a newly taken over route, and SR-300 may be too.

I found 300 on a ALDOT node map (section 4C), but 378 is not shown on Finley Avenue. I can't find AL 301 on the maps, but I think that was even more recent.

(Seems like a neat coincidence between former hidden SR 1 and the state numbering system hitting the 300s at just the right time.)

codyg1985

I keep looking for AL 378 signs when I drive to Birmingham, only to not find any.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Charles2

I drove down to Tuscaloosa Friday.  There are no signs for SR-300 at Exit 62 off I-20/59, on US-11/43 or on the route itself.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.