News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Tampa -- I-4 Ramps

Started by VTGoose, November 29, 2016, 10:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VTGoose

Curious about some "phantom" ramps in Tampa, where the connector road from the Selmon Expressway ties in with I-4. I noticed a stub ramp in the sharp curve in the ramp to I-4 west and checked the satellite view on Google. It looks like there are several stubs in that whole interchange, but I can't figure out why or where they might go. There is nothing but neighborhoods to the north and I-275 isn't too far to the west so I can't see any reason to have an extension of that connector highway. Any insight would be appreciated.

Bruce in Blacksburg (visiting Apollo Beach)

https://goo.gl/maps/m3LGGUEJ5ZG2
"Get in the fast lane, grandma!  The bingo game is ready to roll!"

Alex

Quote from: VTGoose on November 29, 2016, 10:50:25 PM
Curious about some "phantom" ramps in Tampa, where the connector road from the Selmon Expressway ties in with I-4. I noticed a stub ramp in the sharp curve in the ramp to I-4 west and checked the satellite view on Google. It looks like there are several stubs in that whole interchange, but I can't figure out why or where they might go. There is nothing but neighborhoods to the north and I-275 isn't too far to the west so I can't see any reason to have an extension of that connector highway. Any insight would be appreciated.

Bruce in Blacksburg (visiting Apollo Beach)

https://goo.gl/maps/m3LGGUEJ5ZG2

Those were originally intended for the I-4 express lanes. However those are now incorporated into the greater Tampa Bay area TBX toll lane plan.

The TBX alternatives are different from the previous design slated for the Selmon Connector, as they will not use all of those stubs. I have some photos of the schematics from a TBX public meeting I attended on my PC that I can post later.

Alex

Finally got the I-4/Selmon Connector ramp plans posted to the forum gallery:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.