News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Austin, TX Road Meet?

Started by Max B. (FreewayTitan), August 13, 2011, 09:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max B. (FreewayTitan)

Hey y'all--

I'm Max from Austin, TX , better known as FreewayTitan on YouTube. I've been talking to others for a while and I've decided I'd like to test the waters for a Austin TX meet in 2012 (I would host). I would also be willing to do San Antonio. I have a few ideas:

• TX-45 Toll-183a interchange
  • 183a Construction in Cedar Park/Leander
  • Ramps that were built from the '62 plan (15th st.; Cesar Chavez)
  • The Airport Blvd. Bridge and interchange in SE Austin

I'm just seeing if there is interest. If you are interested please let me know!

:poke:

-Max
Quite possibly AARoads youngest poster. But I don't let that get in my way.

okroads

I'd be interested in attending this.

Max B. (FreewayTitan)

Quote from: okroads on August 13, 2011, 10:08:11 PM
I'd be interested in attending this.

Cool. It would most likely be in May/June.

corco

Austin is within my radius that I could potentially attend. It'll just depend on when it is and what my schedule looks like at that time, but I'd love to go.

BigMattFromTexas

Aghh, I've been waiting to hear this for a long time! I want to go, but it depends on when it is, cause I'll either have school (May), or 7 on 7 football (May-June) So... It'll depend!
BigMatt

Max B. (FreewayTitan)

Quote from: BigMattFromTexas on August 13, 2011, 11:01:02 PM
Aghh, I've been waiting to hear this for a long time! I want to go, but it depends on when it is, cause I'll either have school (May), or 7 on 7 football (May-June) So... It'll depend!
BigMatt

Well, I'll have to see what works for people. Besides, since I'm your age I have school too. I'm thinking possibly into July, seeing as I might be going to Illinois throughout most of June.

hbelkins

I'd certainly be willing to travel to Texas for a meet, given that I have only been in the state once. I'm always up for a trip that will get me new counties and potential route clinches.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

mtantillo

Austin is a city I've never been to and hear its a pretty cool place.  I'd certainly entertain the option of flying in for this one (way too far for a weekend drive, unfortunately!). 

US71

Interested, but iffy. It's about 8 hours for me, so I'd have to check my schedule and finances.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Max B. (FreewayTitan)

I'm glad to hear all the positive feedback! I'm going to start looking at some ideas. If you have any, feel free to pitch in. It would be sometime from May to July 2012.

bugo

May might be OK, but any later than that and you're dealing with Texas heat.  I suggest later in the year, maybe sometime during the fall.  We had a meet in OKC in June and the heat was suffocating.  I'd also be more likely to be able to attend in the fall than the summer.

hbelkins

Quote from: bugo on August 17, 2011, 12:08:45 AM
May might be OK, but any later than that and you're dealing with Texas heat.  I suggest later in the year, maybe sometime during the fall.  We had a meet in OKC in June and the heat was suffocating.  I'd also be more likely to be able to attend in the fall than the summer.

You know, it was a dry heat, though. It was indeed hot but the humidity was nowhere near what it is in Kentucky in the summer.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Max B. (FreewayTitan)

I got some ideas:

183a Construction in Leander
183a/45 Toll Interchange in Cedar Park
Pennybacker Bridge in western Austin
The Loop-1 and I-35 interchanges in Austin
Some of the relics of the '62 plan (15th St. and Cesar Chavez) in Austin
Congress Ave. Bridge (very famous) in Austin
Loop-111 bridge in SE Austin

Also I'd either do Mexican or BBQ for food-- I know of many local spots but if there's another you'd like to suggest let me know.

agentsteel53

Austin is a great city!

find us some old shields and I'll totally be there
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Max B. (FreewayTitan)

Unfortunately Jake, that is one thing we are short on here. Apart from waaay out in the country, or a few state name shields in the Downtown area everything is brand new.

CanesFan27

Not trying to throw cold water on this - but how are you going to lead a driving tour at age 14 or 15?

BigMattFromTexas

Technically he can drive at 15.... So it would just be if he could drive in the Austin crazyness.. I've driven around Angelo. But even if not, his parents can drive..
BigMatt

US71

Mid May or Late June work best for me.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Max B. (FreewayTitan)

@Canesfan In Texas I'll have a permit in April, so I could most certainly drive with somebody else. I see that as a non-issue-- and yes BigMatt, Austin is crazyness. :D

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.