News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

New Rand McNally Road Atlas 2017, skips green florescent highlight for construc

Started by ACSCmapcollector, August 02, 2016, 03:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myosh_tino

Quote from: coatimundi on August 04, 2016, 09:09:27 PM
I've always liked the AAA style, especially its demotion of population size. It seemed to me though that they were typically a bit more conservative on showing proposed road projects, which is what interests me most in looking at these maps. For instance, Rand showed the bypass of Nashua, NH as under construction for something like ten years, even though no work was being done, while AAA I dont think ever even showed it.
End of discussion.

Count me as one of those who like the AAA atlases although I haven't bought one in 10+ years.  I like the way their maps are presented and the style.  I don't think I've ever owned a Rand McNally atlas.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

kkt

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 04, 2016, 09:16:21 PM
I've always liked the AAA style, especially its demotion of population size. It seemed to me though that they were typically a bit more conservative on showing proposed road projects, which is what interests me most in looking at these maps. For instance, Rand showed the bypass of Nashua, NH as under construction for something like ten years, even though no work was being done, while AAA I dont think ever even showed it.
End of discussion.

Good I agree here, End of Discussion/Resistance is Futile.

You brought up the AAA atlases.  Why do you think you get to end the discussion too?

vdeane

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 04, 2016, 11:48:51 PM
I am not new, end of discussion too.  I agree, I have been here for 5 years.
And yet all but 18 of your posts are from within the past five weeks, with 10 of the remainder being within the past few months, and all of them within the past 2.5 years.  Plus you ACT like you're new, so it's not hard to think why someone would think that.  I only knew otherwise because I looked up your join date when the Great California Thread Explosion started.

Quote from: kkt on August 05, 2016, 12:04:20 PM
You brought up the AAA atlases.  Why do you think you get to end the discussion too?
Some people seem to think that just because they started a thread, that they get to be God within that thread.  I've seen it on other forums.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

ACSCmapcollector

This subject has gone out of control now, maybe Max needs some Sith Lightning from Darth Sidious from me.  The end of the subject is also the end of the conversation over here.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: NE2 on August 05, 2016, 07:43:58 AM
Now I see why this guy needs a second girlfriend...

Watch out for Sith Lightning from Darth Sidious, NE 2 and Darth Vader's own red Sith Lightsaber.  End of discussion! 

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 05, 2016, 08:13:26 PM
This subject has gone out of control now, maybe Max needs some Sith Lightning from Darth Sidious from me.  The end of the subject is also the end of the conversation over here.

Ummm...okay....I was just being sarcastic that's all.   I wasn't the one who started the who back and forth "end of conversation" thing.  I just thought it was amusing that's all, especially when the Star Trek thing started all up.  And here I was half tempted to post the Kirk vs Gorn fight.  :rolleyes:

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: vdeane on August 05, 2016, 12:48:35 PM
Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 04, 2016, 11:48:51 PM
I am not new, end of discussion too.  I agree, I have been here for 5 years.
And yet all but 18 of your posts are from within the past five weeks, with 10 of the remainder being within the past few months, and all of them within the past 2.5 years.  Plus you ACT like you're new, so it's not hard to think why someone would think that.  I only knew otherwise because I looked up your join date when the Great California Thread Explosion started.

Quote from: kkt on August 05, 2016, 12:04:20 PM
Some people seem to think that just because they started a thread, that they get to be God within that thread.  I've seen it on other forums.

When is enough is enough for a simple reply I go back to 2011. I also had a second ID name too, which I don't remember so I doubt I am new to this.  I am very skeptical of your comments too, and I really don't need the criticism.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 05, 2016, 08:19:58 PM

Ummm...okay....I was just being sarcastic that's all.   I wasn't the one who started the who back and forth "end of conversation" thing.  I just thought it was amusing that's all, especially when the Star Trek thing started all up.  And here I was half tempted to post the Kirk vs Gorn fight.  :rolleyes:

[/qoute]

Anyway, let the others have the discussion on this subject, please Max.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on August 05, 2016, 08:16:12 PM
Quote from: NE2 on August 05, 2016, 07:43:58 AM
Now I see why this guy needs a second girlfriend...

Do you really want the administrator to delete the comment again NE2, be careful now what you say please.

7/8

Quote from: myosh_tino on August 05, 2016, 02:04:24 AM
End of discussion.

Count me as one of those who like the AAA atlases although I haven't bought one in 10+ years.  I like the way their maps are presented and the style.  I don't think I've ever owned a Rand McNally atlas.

I like my 2016 AAA atlas. But the AAA and Rand McNally were both harder to find in Canada then I expected. I had to get my AAA atlas in Kenmore, NY.

I think getting rid of the construction zones is probably smart, since they get outdated quickly.

I can't resist, it's too funny :)

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: 7/8 on August 05, 2016, 09:06:14 PM
Quote from: myosh_tino on August 05, 2016, 02:04:24 AM

I can't resist, it's too funny :)

Here is the remastered version that was cut from Star Trek Beyond:

Not everyday you get the Kirk chop, kick, double fist and ear bop all in one fight but he went all out in that one.  There is actually a top list of Captain Kirk fighting moves:

Lest we forget that fine Shanerian acting:

My opinion...his finest work:

Can the Dark Lord of the Sith compete with all that?....I think not.  :cool:

TravelingBethelite

I am proud of what I've done here...but maybe it shouldn't 'live long and prosper'. :spin: Anyway what are doing? If it's the end of the discussion you guys are looking for, make it so!  :sombrero:
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

ACSCmapcollector

US 41

So since Star Trek has been mentioned in several posts, has anyone seen the new one yet? (P.S. I have.  :))
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

7/8

Quote from: US 41 on August 05, 2016, 10:25:32 PM
So since Star Trek has been mentioned in several posts, has anyone seen the new one yet? (P.S. I have.  :))

Of course; the new movie series is amazing! We watched it the first weekend it came out. And my Mom is a long time Star Trek fan :)

Thanks Max for posting those videos, I'll have to watch them before bed. I'm sure I'll get a kick out of them!

Max Rockatansky

Saw it last week, I thought it was pretty decent.  I actually watched the reboot and into Darkness Again prior to seeing Beyond...all of them are at least "decent" movies.  I wouldn't go as far as saying Beyond was one of the better Star Trek movies but I would give it a 3.5 out of 5...good action...good humor, especially between Spock and Bones.  Beyond was probably the most action filled Star Trek movie which I thought might be a disaster but it actually worked.  The bad guy in this one was kind of lame and the story while not bad was kind of basic.  There was a scene at the end that I thought was hilarious but it probably has a lot to do what decade I was born in.  Really though this has been kind of a bad year for movies so far, I would put Beyond just behind Civil War...I think that I've seen 7 or 8 movies so far in 2016. 

For me the top five Star Trek Movies are:

1.  Wrath of Kahn
2.  Voyage Home
3.  Star Trek 2009
4.  First Cotact
5.  Probably Into Darkness...Maybe Search for Spock on a some other days or possibly Beyond if I give it another go when it comes out on download.

Quote from: 7/8 on August 05, 2016, 10:31:33 PM

Of course; the new movie series is amazing! We watched it the first weekend it came out. And my Mom is a long time Star Trek fan :)

Thanks Max for posting those videos, I'll have to watch them before bed. I'm sure I'll get a kick out of them!

Hell I grew up with the original series on TV in re-run format before the Next Generation came out.  I wouldn't say that I'm a uber huge follower but I generally enjoy the movies and the first two TV series.  There is some even funnier stuff that I know of but it probably is over the line even for this forum.   :-D

US 41

You don't know how explosive (literally) this song is until you see the new movie.  ;-) I thought it was funny when Kirk said "Good choice."

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: US 41 on August 05, 2016, 10:43:05 PM
You don't know how explosive (literally) this song is until you see the new movie.  ;-) I thought it was funny when Kirk said "Good choice."

I'm pretty sure that's the song that also plays on the radio of the C2 Corvette Kirk steals in the 2009 movie.  Even more ironic the title of the song being "Sabotage" given how this thread has gone lately....I forget who says it but I want to say it was Spock "is that classical music?"  :-D

empirestate

US 41

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 05, 2016, 10:49:59 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the song that also plays on the radio of the C2 Corvette Kirk steals in the 2009 movie.  Even more ironic the title of the song being "Sabotage" given how this thread has gone lately....I forget who says it but I want to say it was Spock "is that classical music?"  :-D

It is the same song. The 2009 movie is my personal favorite Star Trek movie. I also liked how in the new movie they showed that Spock died and they showed the picture of the crew out of the original movies. I thought that was pretty cool especially since it's the 50th anniversary of Star Trek.

7/8

The Kirk is a horse video is HILARIOUS! I need to watch that episode! :-D

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: US 41 on August 05, 2016, 10:55:53 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 05, 2016, 10:49:59 PM

It is the same song. The 2009 movie is my personal favorite Star Trek movie. I also liked how in the new movie they showed that Spock died and they showed the picture of the crew out of the original movies. I thought that was pretty cool especially since it's the 50th anniversary of Star Trek.

I'm still waiting for Shatner to somehow pop into one of these movies via the Nexus or something weird.  I thought it was a pretty good tribute to the original series and Leonard Nimoy.   I'm wondering now if they are going to recast Chekov now.

Quote from: 7/8 on August 05, 2016, 10:57:28 PM
The Kirk is a horse video is HILARIOUS! I need to watch that episode! :-D

Spock even does the River Dance in that episode.  :-D

US 41

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 05, 2016, 11:06:26 PM
I'm still waiting for Shatner to somehow pop into one of these movies via the Nexus or something weird.  I thought it was a pretty good tribute to the original series and Leonard Nimoy.   I'm wondering now if they are going to recast Chekov now.

I'm pretty sure I read that they are not going to recast Chekov.

coatimundi

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.