State adoption of APL signage per year

Started by Pink Jazz, August 12, 2019, 08:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

OK is yes–I drive under this one every day:

SH-9 WB approaching I-35 in Norman. (This project is long since complete, so of course it's had the cover taken off the arrow since then. They corrected the white Exit Only panels to yellow, too.) I believe this panel was added as a result of a change order; it is one of a few panels in the project that were in FHWA Series, while the rest of them were in Clearview.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

roadfro

Nevada:

The first set of fully MUTCD compliant APLs are the signs on I-80 approaching US 395/I-580 in Reno, which were installed in mid-2012 as part of the I-80 rebuild through Reno-Sparks.

There are a couple signs on I-15 C/D roads between Tropicana Ave & I-215 from the I-15 south design-build project that use APLs, but APLs are only used on the advance signs and not at the actual diverge points. These signs predate the Reno ones, but I don't recall by how much. IIRC, the I-15 south DB project was the first major project in Nevada fully designed after the 2009 MUTCD was adopted.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

mrsman

Can't tell you the exact year when this sign was put in place, but there are APLs in MD:

US 50/ US 301 split in Queenstown, MD:

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9790263,-76.1708218,3a,75y,54.87h,96.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1seKk-Nfnc1kFzBceE3BFFXw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

roadman

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 16, 2019, 06:49:27 AM
OK is yes—I drive under this one every day:

SH-9 WB approaching I-35 in Norman. (This project is long since complete, so of course it's had the cover taken off the arrow since then. They corrected the white Exit Only panels to yellow, too.) I believe this panel was added as a result of a change order; it is one of a few panels in the project that were in FHWA Series, while the rest of them were in Clearview.
Ugh!  Wonder who thought placing a white overlay to cover part of a white arrow was a good idea.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

PHLBOS

Quote from: bob7374 on August 15, 2019, 11:17:50 PM
Quote from: roadman on August 14, 2019, 11:26:51 AMMA is now Yes.  APLs were recently installed on I-84 east in Sturbridge approaching I-90/MassPike and on the exit ramps from I-495 to I-90/MassPike.  These signs were installed as part of the Legacy Toll Plaza demolition projects.  APL signs are also planned to be installed on Route 24 in Randolph approaching I-93, the signs to be installed as part of the current Route 24 Fall River to Randolph sign replacement project.  Note that, as a rule, MassDOT continues to use traditional diagrammatics at locations where the number of lanes at the advance sign locations differs from the number of lanes at the exit ramp.
MA 24 APL sign plan:

This APL
in Burlington erected within the last year or two is the only known installation presently in the Greater Boston area.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

roadman

Quote from: PHLBOS on August 30, 2019, 11:13:02 AM
Quote from: bob7374 on August 15, 2019, 11:17:50 PM
Quote from: roadman on August 14, 2019, 11:26:51 AMMA is now Yes.  APLs were recently installed on I-84 east in Sturbridge approaching I-90/MassPike and on the exit ramps from I-495 to I-90/MassPike.  These signs were installed as part of the Legacy Toll Plaza demolition projects.  APL signs are also planned to be installed on Route 24 in Randolph approaching I-93, the signs to be installed as part of the current Route 24 Fall River to Randolph sign replacement project.  Note that, as a rule, MassDOT continues to use traditional diagrammatics at locations where the number of lanes at the advance sign locations differs from the number of lanes at the exit ramp.
MA 24 APL sign plan:

This APL
in Burlington erected within the last year or two is the only known installation presently in the Greater Boston area.
Thanks Bob.  I somehow forgot about that one (even though I designed it).
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.