LOGO Signs Regulations

Started by Mergingtraffic, August 21, 2019, 09:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mergingtraffic

I noticed CT seems to have stringent LOGO sign requirements.

For GAS, FOOD, LODGING, a logo sign is only allowed if the interchanges are just over a mile a part.  CAMPING is almost a mile and a half for some reason.  ATTRACTIONS there is no specs as I've seen them placed in the middle of interchanges. 

From CT DOT website:
QuoteWhere the distance between the interchange considered and the adjacent upstream interchange is not
less than 7,000', as measured from the end of the upstream acceleration lane to the beginning of the
downstream deceleration lane; where camping exists the distance shall not be less than 7,800'.
(3) Where the upstream interchange is a half-interchange consisting of only an on-ramp in the direction
being considered, the distance between the interchange considered and upstream interchange
preceding the half interchange shall not be less than 9,000'; where camping exists the distance shall
not be less than 9,800'

I've noticed other states like RI or even NY or NJ, I see signs where the interchanges are less than a mile. 

Why the more lenient standards for ATTRACTIONS compared to the other services? B/c tourism dollars could be attached to it?

Is CT more conservative than other states with this?

NY allows only ATTRACTIONS on parkways and no other service.
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

ilpt4u

I feel like we've had this thread before...I remember commenting on the differences of IDOT's and ISTHA's Logo Sign policies

Big John

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.