News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Hi from Russia!

Started by Fulcrum29SMT, September 30, 2020, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulcrum29SMT

Hello everyone,

I'm a British expat in Russia who has decided, when the COVID pandemic is finally over, to realise a life long dream: a road trip through the USA, from one coast to another.
However, I don't really have experience in that kind of trip (I'm usually the type to stay in a city and walk/use public transportation), and would thus like to learn more about roads and driving in that country, about the most memorable routes I should follow and automotive tourism in America in general.
And it looks like I'm in the right place!

Thanks in advance for having me over, and have a nice day!

ozarkman417

Привет from The Ozarks of Missouri! Should you decide to travel Route 66, You'll be in the area.

hotdogPi

Welcome from Massachusetts!
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

thspfc

kevinb1994

Welcome from Florida! Take some time before deciding where you'd like to drive to first.

Fulcrum29SMT

Thanks to all of you! Well, at least, time to think about what to do isn't something I lack, with all of these travel restrictions...

Brandon

Welcome to AARoads. I see you're from Saratov, near where my ancestors spent some time (1770s to 1900), the Wolgadeutsche.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Rothman

Welcome.  I'm from NY, but lived in Rostov-na-Donu and Volgograd for a while.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.