News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

WV: New Ices Ferry Bridge Open

Started by Bitmapped, December 01, 2012, 06:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bitmapped

Bitmapped

NE2

Good to see non-freeway access across Cheat Lake restored.

Do you plan on updating OSM?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Bitmapped

Things should be fixed on OSM and Google MapMaker now.

hbelkins

Made it a point to get off I-68 and drive the new bridge Sunday on my way home from Pennsylvania. It would really be nice if WVDOT would resurface CR 857 from the bridge up the hill to I-68.

Also noticed that most of the old county route signs that were on the road have been replaced with new ones, many of which have "Pierpont" misspelled as "Peirpont." No pics, though. Brian, that's your job since you live there. :-p

The bridge itself is certainly a change from old open metal-grate deck truss bridge that it replaced.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Bitmapped

Quote from: hbelkins on December 13, 2012, 09:37:42 PM
Also noticed that most of the old county route signs that were on the road have been replaced with new ones, many of which have "Pierpont" misspelled as "Peirpont." No pics, though. Brian, that's your job since you live there. :-p

I think one of the new signs actually says CR 69, the old designation before it all became CR 857.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.