News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Pennsylvania

Started by Alex, March 07, 2009, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

Quote from: famartin on February 02, 2022, 12:41:41 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on February 02, 2022, 08:11:42 AM
PennDOT - District 9 News: North Bound I-70 Welcome Center to be Temporarily Closed

"northbound"?  :-D
I get what they mean, but they obviously don't really look at their own signs...
Yeah, I held off on posting this yesterday because I wanted to reclarify whether there was a potential typo or not.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Bitmapped

Quote from: roadman65 on February 02, 2022, 01:36:42 PM
The bridge in Pittsburgh was built even poorly as it it had no concrete piers but angled cross beams that held it up. Beams that were obviously not inspected regularly and subject to rust and corrosion to add to that meant trouble. IMO built cheaply and for a four lane heavily used artery was a bad design choice to be even remotely considered.

It was a rigid frame bridge, a style which isn't uncommon in Pennsylvania. There are some advantages to this approach. It doesn't mean it was built poorly or a bad design choice.

roadman65

That's the scary part.  What other rigid frames are on major arteries numbered or not.  To me it's cheap!
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

ixnay

Quote from: 74/171FAN on February 02, 2022, 01:53:30 PM
Quote from: famartin on February 02, 2022, 12:41:41 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on February 02, 2022, 08:11:42 AM
PennDOT - District 9 News: North Bound I-70 Welcome Center to be Temporarily Closed

"northbound"?  :-D
I get what they mean, but they obviously don't really look at their own signs...
Yeah, I held off on posting this yesterday because I wanted to reclarify whether there was a potential typo or not.

Pray that your you know whats hold out until you reach Breezewood in 20 miles...

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

MASTERNC

Quote from: 74/171FAN on February 09, 2022, 11:51:35 AM
(For PA 23)  PennDOT - District 6 News: PennDOT to Begin Project to Improve Travel and Safety on Route 23 (Conshohocken State Road) at Spring Mill Road in Lower Merion Township

Definitely needed.  The travel lane becomes a right turn only lane, and what appears to be the left turn lane is actually the thru lane.  I've been stuck behind vehicles at that light when I'm trying to turn right, and then said vehicle almost causes an accident when it goes straight with the adjacent thru lane.

74/171FAN

jemacedo9

Apparently the US 13 redesignation and US 13 Business new designation in Chester is signed...

https://www.penndot.gov/regionaloffices/district-6/pages/details.aspx?newsid=7346

74/171FAN

Quote from: jemacedo9 on February 13, 2022, 12:36:51 PM
Apparently the US 13 redesignation and US 13 Business new designation in Chester is signed...

https://www.penndot.gov/regionaloffices/district-6/pages/details.aspx?newsid=7346

Yes, I clarified it yesterday and posted it in the AASHTO 2020 thread.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: 74/171FAN on February 13, 2022, 12:38:15 PM

It's redesignated. But did they actually do a good job of signing it?

74/171FAN

Quote from: jeffandnicole on February 13, 2022, 01:29:09 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on February 13, 2022, 12:38:15 PM

It's redesignated. But did they actually do a good job of signing it?

Yes, beyond a couple areas where US 13 and PA 291 shields are separate from one another.  Also US 13 BUS is still not posted from the south end of PA 352.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

sbeaver44

Rage, now I have to go back to Chester as I had all US Routes in PA besides 19 and 62 clinched.

Clinching US 13 was a whole thing and I missed a few turns back in 2018 due to lack of signage – one near UPenn and another in Chester, and potentially one near where it splits off Roosevelt

famartin

Quote from: sbeaver44 on February 19, 2022, 06:11:24 PM

Rage, now I have to go back to Chester as I had all US Routes in PA besides 19 and 62 clinched.

Clinching US 13 was a whole thing and I missed a few turns back in 2018 due to lack of signage – one near UPenn and another in Chester, and potentially one near where it splits off Roosevelt

I'm gonna try to do 13 in PA this year or next.

74/171FAN

Mr. Matté

Which one of us was this?  :D

https://money.yahoo.com/penndot-employee-gets-surprise-looking-182148385.html

(only kidding, we'd steal antique and/or button copy signs only, not modern retroreflective service or wrong way signs)

74/171FAN

These people picked the absolute worst place to steal a sign too.  Why would you pull over to secure it next to a stockpile?

famartin

Who does that in broad daylight?  :-D

plain

On this episode of World's Dumbest...
Newark born, Richmond bred

empirestate

Now if they were installing the sign, that would be something.

74/171FAN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.