2020 Ohio Roadmeet - Cincinnati 3

Started by Hot Rod Hootenanny, August 02, 2019, 11:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Quote from: bandit957 on August 29, 2019, 09:02:15 PM
Here's the Facebook page for this roadmeet to end all roadmeets!

https://www.facebook.com/events/501207353978526

Couldn't access the page. "Sorry, this content isn't available now."

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bandit957

Quote from: hbelkins on August 30, 2019, 10:32:09 AM
Quote from: bandit957 on August 29, 2019, 09:02:15 PM
Here's the Facebook page for this roadmeet to end all roadmeets!

https://www.facebook.com/events/501207353978526

Couldn't access the page. "Sorry, this content isn't available now."

I think it's fixed now.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

ozarkman417

This made me log in to my Facebook account for the first time in a few years. I Can't go for a number of reasons.

Alps

I'm going. This is my excuse to visit my friend there.

codyg1985

I should be able to go to this one if nothing happens.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

signalman

Quote from: codyg1985 on October 30, 2019, 10:14:07 AM
I should be able to go to this one if nothing happens.
If nothing happens it would make for a rather dull meet.

cl94

I will only attend this meet if poo.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Brandon

Quote from: cl94 on October 30, 2019, 05:31:29 PM

If the past holds, the host may take note on bunker blasts.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Brandon on October 30, 2019, 07:37:27 PM
Quote from: cl94 on October 30, 2019, 05:31:29 PM

If the past holds, the host may take note on bunker blasts.

Tasties?
-A.J. from Michigan

bandit957

I actually had a dream about this roadmeet a few nights ago. I dreamed we were all looking over a creek that flowed through a channel, and that we were running slightly behind schedule.

JMoses24

May 30 is a possibility for me to make the trek back to the hometown. Depends on how the severe weather season goes out here in OKC. I would be a "maybe"  at this time.

Glad someone stepped up on this. As noted, I have been in and out (and in and out) of the hospital big time in 2019, but am confident my health will be as near to 100% as it can be by that date.

Also, for those scouting, the Mt Zion Road and Richwood Road interchanges should be in the active construction process by then along with construction at the Graves Road/I-275 interchange.

ce929wax

Sorry for the bump, but as of right now, I'm planning on attending.   

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: ce929wax on February 22, 2020, 01:33:42 PM
Sorry for the bump, but as of right now, I'm planning on attending.   

I wouldn't think that an apology is necessary. :)
-A.J. from Michigan

bandit957

I'm worried that the Cincinnati meet will be canceled for some reason I have absolutely no control over, such as the coronavirus pandemic. Viruses spread like wildfire in Cincinnati, for some reason. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if the whole city is in quarantine when we're supposed to have the roadmeet.

Either that, or there will be some sort of social unrest that causes public officials to overreact against protesters and place the whole city under lockdown. I remember this happening once in 2001, but just not during a roadmeet.

PHLBOS

Quote from: bandit957 on February 24, 2020, 10:54:37 AMI'm worried that the Cincinnati meet will be canceled for some reason I have absolutely no control over, such as the coronavirus pandemic.
Granted, it's your meet & you certainly can do what you want with it; but based on your above-post, are you cancelling the meet outright or are you saying that you might have to cancel it based on a big what if?

May 30 is some 3 months away and the coronavirus epidemic (BTW) may very well be either muted/contained and/or yesterday's news by then.  IMHO, your cancellation based on something that may not be fully known nor come to fruition by the meet date is an overreaction.

From what I understand, the coronavirus (similar to the 2003 SARS epidemic) is largely isolated to those traveling to/from overseas.  It's reasonable guess that the majority of attendees to your meet are not coming from overseas.  Those within reasonable proximity of Cincinnati and have more available time are more likely to be driving to the meet location rather than flying.

My 2-cents & food for thought
GPS does NOT equal GOD

bandit957

Quote from: PHLBOS on February 24, 2020, 02:13:57 PMGranted, it's your meet & you certainly can do what you want with it; but based on your above-post, are you cancelling the meet outright or are you saying that you might have to cancel it based on a big what if?

I'm not canceling it, but someone else might, and I wouldn't be able to do a thing to stop them.

Events have been canceled for things like this before.

PHLBOS

Quote from: bandit957 on February 24, 2020, 02:22:44 PMI'm not canceling it, but someone else might, and I wouldn't be able to do a thing to stop them.
Use of third person for the below is intentional:

If one is hosting a meet; that individual is the one that makes the decision whether to actually hold/host it or not.  If by someone else, you mean that your driver may have to cancel due to circumstances and you can't find a substitute to take their place; that's another matter.

I've had heard of past meets going on as scheduled even when the meet host can't attend due to illness or family situation.  The host was able to communicate (sometimes off-line) to another attendee to see if they can substitute hosting the meet.

Quote from: bandit957 on February 24, 2020, 02:22:44 PMEvents have been canceled for things like this before.
Maybe one of the more frequent meet attendees/hosts can answer this question: have prior meets been cancelled due to sudden (last minute) events in the immediate area?

Bottom line: Could certain spur-of-the moment events cause a cancellation of a meet or change of meet venue?  Absolutely; but it's (IMHO) pointless & flat-out paranoid to base planning a whole meet around such.  One could literally go crazy thinking of such.

If such is an individual's concern; then it would be best for said-individual not to volunteer to host a meet.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

bandit957

Quote from: PHLBOS on February 24, 2020, 03:51:37 PM
If one is hosting a meet; that individual is the one that makes the decision whether to actually hold/host it or not.  If by someone else, you mean that your driver may have to cancel due to circumstances and you can't find a substitute to take their place; that's another matter.

By "someone else", I mean "the government." I don't think there's anything else that could possibly cause it to be canceled.

Even if I died, the meet wouldn't be canceled just for that.

PHLBOS

Quote from: bandit957 on February 24, 2020, 03:54:59 PMBy "someone else", I mean "the government." I don't think there's anything else that could possibly cause it to be canceled.
And again, I am going to say that you are overreacting.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Alps

Quote from: bandit957 on February 24, 2020, 02:22:44 PMI'm not canceling it, but someone else might, and I wouldn't be able to do a thing to stop them.

I've had heard of past meets going on as scheduled even when the meet host can't attend due to illness or family situation.  The host was able to communicate (sometimes off-line) to another attendee to see if they can substitute hosting the meet.

Quote from: bandit957 on February 24, 2020, 02:22:44 PMEvents have been canceled for things like this before.
Maybe one of the more frequent meet attendees/hosts can answer this question: have prior meets been cancelled due to sudden (last minute) events in the immediate area?

Bottom line: Could certain spur-of-the moment events cause a cancellation of a meet or change of meet venue?  Absolutely; but it's (IMHO) pointless & flat-out paranoid to base planning a whole meet around such.  One could literally go crazy thinking of such.

If such is an individual's concern; then it would be best for said-individual not to volunteer to host a meet.
Everyone calm down. The meet is happening barring an "act of God" which is always true.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I'll ask around and see if Toledo will be open that day.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Alps

jpi

Quote from: Alps on February 24, 2020, 04:31:41 PM

Everyone calm down. The meet is happening barring an "act of God" which is always true.
Agreed, my plan now if Steph is coming (and the chance is looking better) we live Friday after work and stay in Elizabethtown, KY then drive up to the meet site early the next morning and may stay in to Sunday. We are looking forward to this, I HIGHLY doubt this will get cancelled due to something government related.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

hbelkins

Heard from multiple sources yesterday that on an annual basis, the flu kills more people in the US than the coronavirus has killed globally so far. While individuals may wish to limit or avoid travel, I cannot foresee any circumstance in which the government would limit or prohibit private gatherings of individuals in response to this. A public event like a parade or a ballgame -- or even the Olympics, which is under discussion -- then yes, it's possible. A private assembly? Not gonna happen.

Watching people press the panic button about this is sad and funny at the same time. I don't remember similar alarm over bird flu, swine flu, or SARS.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bandit957

It's only 3 months away, folks! Woohoo!

The main thing I need to do before then is scout out the route again. I think I have a route planned, but I can still modify it a little bit.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.