News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Street view road trips.

Started by idk, October 20, 2020, 01:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Dey65

I've done street view trips of portions of FL 19, and real drives along portions of FL 19.

It has made me consider a real life trip to clinch all of FL 19, although I wouldn't doubt that some of you here have already done that.

Max Rockatansky

FL 19 is pretty nice through Ocala National Forest.  I used to work it into trips north to Jacksonville a lot.

D-Dey65

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 02, 2021, 12:07:14 PM
FL 19 is pretty nice through Ocala National Forest.  I used to work it into trips north to Jacksonville a lot.
Oh, you and I both know that, and I've worked it into trips to NYC myself.

MinecraftNinja

I've followed specific routes before.

SkyPesos

My most notable Street View road trip is between Grand Junction, CO and Denver Airport, using mostly I-70 between the two cities. Didn't do it in one sitting though.

CNGL-Leudimin

I would do that in one sitting :sombrero:. In fact I've done almost all of that in one sitting, only I ended near downtown Denver (at something I've mentioned earlier this thread to be exact).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

CNGL-Leudimin

So now that I'm finishing the cycling season (just done the delayed Paris-Roubaix, and next week I'll conclude with Il Lombardia), I may launch my biggest project ever through the USA, connecting all FM transmitters... and this time I mean all, not just those on channel 253 (i.e. 98.5). It may take forever to complete (and maybe never with more and more radios being added), but who knows. One thing is still not sure: where to start.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

abefroman329

I did one in England to prepare for a drive from Abingdon to Alton Towers, and it did help.

I guess I could do one for my upcoming road trip, but I don't think I have as much to prepare for [I know how to drive on the right side of the road and I know what all the street signs mean.  Well, most.].

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.