News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Erroneous road signs

Started by FLRoads, January 20, 2009, 04:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdb1234

Super Mateo

Quote from: InterstateNG on July 22, 2011, 08:44:19 PM
Apparently the NB Lakeshore Drive exit for Irving Park is for US 19. Who knew?

LOL I just drove by that tonight!  It's especially odd because all of the other signs are correct (IL 19), including the one right behind it.

RustyK

I can confirm that the black and white Interstate 9 shield at exit 29 of the Garden State Parkway north still stands; at least 4 years now, likely longer.  Passed it two days ago.  Will check again around this time in 2012.

national highway 1

"Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Take note of the highway, the road that you take." Jeremiah 31:21

apeman33

corco

Covered wagon shield for Spur 55M in Lancaster County :O

took the photo last October- just now got around to putting it online

Quillz

Would I-5 shields with E(M) numerals for the legend be considered erroneous? I saw a bunch in Washington today, although I think it looks better than Series D.

corco

You mean like these?

I was going to post all of them, but I'm about 25% of the way through my I-5 reassurance shield photos (which should be just over 50% of the reassurance shields  in the state) and haven't even looked at junctions, so posting all of them would be overload

Suffice to say there are at least 50 of them in the state (or were as of 07 and 08 when I was photographing signs in Washington), so I'm not sure if they could be considered erroneous. E(M) works fine for a single digit route

Quillz

I would agree. I think for a single digit, D is actually too narrow. Quebec Autoroute shields use E(M) legend for single digits, and it works very well.

luokou

Seems like regular Series E. Never liked E, E(M) or F in route shields since it looks too angry to me.

rickmastfan67

Found a third "PA Turnpike 76" style shield the other day in the Pittsburgh area.  This time, it's on Warrendale Bayne Rd going WB just past Northgate Dr.  It's been there for awhile since StreetView has a picture of it.

The other two are at the following locations:
I-79 Exit #78 Southbound offramp
PA-130 @ I-376.

Super Mateo

Ian

From yesterday:

Error NJ 1 shield for US 1.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

okroads

"US 933" street sign in South Bend/Notre Dame, IN

Brandon

Quote from: okroads on August 14, 2011, 10:20:33 PM
"US 933" street sign in South Bend/Notre Dame, IN

Was US-33.  Could be they simply added a "9", or copied the old sign with the new number.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

vtk

Spotted today in Delaware, OH: a East US 37 assembly on OH 37 juse east of US 42. Partially obscured by a parking restriction sign. No pic because I was on duty.

Has anyone mentioned the US 315 sign on southbound OH 315 just before the Goodale St exit?
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

mjb2002

Here is one I found along SAND BAR FERRY RD in Beech Island, S.C.

SAND BAR FERRY RD is actually SC 28, NOT SC 302. SILVER BLUFF RD is SC 302.

hbelkins

And Google Maps says it's County 28.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

mjb2002

Quote from: hbelkins on August 23, 2011, 09:55:20 PM

And that is an erroneous mistake on their part. I'm gonna log in and change it.

Brandon

Quote from: mjb2002 on August 23, 2011, 10:50:51 PM

Good luck.  I've already read stories of people trying to make Google maps more accurate and the morons who oppose them.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Brandon on August 23, 2011, 11:00:35 PM
Quote from: mjb2002 on August 23, 2011, 10:50:51 PM

Good luck.  I've already read stories of people trying to make Google maps more accurate and the morons who oppose them.

Yep, that is true.  Editing in Google Map Maker can be a bitch sometimes (Fight over I-381).

Also see the following threads:
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=4464.0
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=2001.0

okroads

The sign on the right should say "Sand Springs'...

hbelkins

Quote from: okroads on August 28, 2011, 10:19:21 PM
The sign on the right should say "Sand Springs'...

And take a look at the beauty the sign above replaced...

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

xonhulu

Here are some new errors from Klamath Falls:

On the same trip, I finally got to see this infamous pair of goofs in Medford:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.