News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: kphoger on May 20, 2022, 09:36:21 AM
Summer is finally giving way to spring here.

Cats and dogs, from last night through Thursday (so they say).  High temps today and tomorrow are in the 50s-60s range.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

golden eagle

ET21

Pretty pleasant weekend upcoming, Memorial Day gonna be a hot one with low 90s expected.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Ted$8roadFan

jgb191

Slightly above normal to close out the month of May. 

(Note the departure from normal in parenthesis for each city)

Brownsville:       96 high (+2), 78 low (+2)
Corpus Christi:   95 high (+3), 80 low (+2)
Laredo:            104 high (+4), 79 low (+4)
McAllen:           102 high (+5), 77 low (+1)

Dew points remain in the mid 70 inland and upper 70s along the coastal areas.  Also remaining breezy all across South Texas with 15-20 mph.  Rain chances increasing on Memorial Day itself.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Ted$8roadFan

Sunny and in the 7os. Much warmer inland.

7/8

Today and tomorrow are going to be hot and partly cloudy. Today is expected to reach 29C (85F), while tomorrow could reach 31C (87F). The low for tonight will only dip down to 19C (66F).

Roadgeekteen

Ted$8roadFan

Cool and in the 50s. Much changed from the holiday weekend.

kkt

Cool and cloudy with occassional showers.  Spring, in other words.

kphoger

We've gotten so much rain here that our basement had a decent amount of standing water.  Fortunately, the last time that happened, a few years ago, we had the carpet ripped up and replaced it with area rugs.  The usual spots on the walls, where the foundation is cracked, weren't dripping much water, though, and a lot of the water was in the middle of the room.  So I suspect the water table is just that much higher than usual.

Over the previous nine days, Wichita has received nine inches of rain, and four of them were yesterday alone.

Today's forecast:  sunny, with a high in the mid-70s
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

J N Winkler

Quote from: kphoger on June 02, 2022, 09:55:09 AMWe've gotten so much rain here that our basement had a decent amount of standing water.  Fortunately, the last time that happened, a few years ago, we had the carpet ripped up and replaced it with area rugs.  The usual spots on the walls, where the foundation is cracked, weren't dripping much water, though, and a lot of the water was in the middle of the room.  So I suspect the water table is just that much higher than usual.

You live on the east side, where soils are more clayey and basement problems related to poor drainage are thus more common.

Here on the west side, where soils are more sandy, we have a couple of basement windows that are not fully watertight.  In most downpours, this usually results in trickles or sheets of water running down the unfinished concrete walls that drain harmlessly around the edge of the floor slab.  But on Tuesday night, when we had three solid hours of inch-per-hour rain, we actually had some ponding on the floor.

Quote from: kphoger on June 02, 2022, 09:55:09 AMOver the previous nine days, Wichita has received nine inches of rain, and four of them were yesterday alone.

Supposedly we finished May with 12.95 inches, making it the second-wettest May on record.  That is a bit over one-third our average annual rainfall of 34 inches.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

kphoger

Quote from: J N Winkler on June 03, 2022, 01:04:56 PM
Supposedly we finished May with 12.95 inches, making it the second-wettest May on record.  That is a bit over one-third our average annual rainfall of 34 inches.

It's also 70% of the average annual precipitation in the town I grew up in–Atwood, KS.
Male pronouns, please.

thspfc

After a terrible month of weather in April, May was actually pretty nice. 60s, 70s, low 80s and little rain.

jgb191

Of the daily record highs last month in May 2022:

Eight days occurred in California, and 23 days in Texas.  The hottest day of May 2022 was a tie:  114 degrees in Thermal, CA and Presidio, TX.

Side Note:  When there is an excessive heat issued for Death Valley of all places, you know that's as extreme as it gets.  Sure enough, it will exceed 120 degrees this weekend there.  That pretty much rules out Death Valley from places I might be considering to visit this weekend.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

kkt

A few stars visible in Seattle!  (believe it or not)

ET21

Still remaining on the cool side to start off June, there are signs we'll get some more traditional summer warmth by the end of the weekend. Ngl, I'm enjoying having my windows permanently opened for the last week, giving the AC a break.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Ted$8roadFan

Sunny and warm, in the 70s. The kind of day there should be more of.

kphoger

I have a big concrete mixing tub on the back patio, one of those black plastic ones.  I dumped the rainwater out of it shortly after mowing the lawn last time.  It's now almost up to the brim again, and the rain's not over with yet.  So far, we're up to 10.17 inches over the last 14 days, with another inch predicted.
Male pronouns, please.

CoreySamson

Very hot start to summer thus far, even by Houston standards. Today was sunny with a high of 92, but this weekend many spots in the Houston metro could reach 100 degrees with about 50% humidity (which equates to a heat index of around 118 degrees). Also, it last rained two weeks ago and no more rain is in sight barring a freak tropical system.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

J N Winkler

It was sunny in Wichita today, but both hot and humid.  As I write this, it is 88° F with 68% relative humidity, which translates to a dew point of 76° F, which is unusually unpleasant even by our standards.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Ted$8roadFan

Sunny and reasonably warm, with a distinct sea breeze keeping temperatures seasonable.

JayhawkCO

I'm up in Grand Junction for a bluegrass festival. High of 100 today.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.