Pulaski/Wittpenn mini meet

Started by Alps, June 16, 2018, 05:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When can you come see these two highways?

July 4 (Wednesday, holiday)
2 (22.2%)
July 8 (first Sunday it's open)
6 (66.7%)
July 14 (first Saturday I'm free)
7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: June 28, 2018, 05:39:45 PM

Alps

http://www.nj.com/traffic/index.ssf/2018/06/at_last_dot_commits_to_skyway_reopening_date_but_i.html

With the Skyway set to reopen July 2nd, which is a Monday, I'd like to organize a mini meet where we can drive the new highway and take a look at the Route 7s. Unfortunately, I'm busy on the most convenient day (7/7), so here's a quick poll. Whatever wins becomes an organized mini meet - we'll do some sort of meal and see the highways. Open to any other ideas to tack on, but this is definitely informal and not a full-blown meet.

cl94

I'm in unless something comes up. Within daytrip range, so it's easy to get down there.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

signalman

I'd like to attend if I'm off, but if it's going to be held on a Sunday I probably won't be able to go since I usually work Sundays.  I'll wait for a date to be set and go from there.

SSOWorld

I'm more than a day trip away - and the direction of travel in that time period is to, around, or from Florida.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Alps

Quote from: signalman on June 16, 2018, 07:33:40 PM
I'd like to attend if I'm off, but if it's going to be held on a Sunday I probably won't be able to go since I usually work Sundays.  I'll wait for a date to be set and go from there.
If you don't vote, you don't get a say!

hbelkins

Debating going to Gene's Missouri-fest, but this would provide an opportunity to visit Suffolk and Nassau counties and get New York clinched. Plus, I've always wanted to do the Skyway. Can't do both, and one date conflicts with the Springfield stuff. I voted for my two preferred options but not making any commitments. (And I'm not sure I'd be welcome here.)

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

Quote from: hbelkins on June 16, 2018, 11:54:54 PM
Debating going to Gene's Missouri-fest, but this would provide an opportunity to visit Suffolk and Nassau counties and get New York clinched. Plus, I've always wanted to do the Skyway. Can't do both, and one date conflicts with the Springfield stuff. I voted for my two preferred options but not making any commitments. (And I'm not sure I'd be welcome here.)
All are welcome at road meets.

MisterSG1

Quote from: Alps on June 17, 2018, 12:21:18 AM
Quote from: hbelkins on June 16, 2018, 11:54:54 PM
All are welcome at road meets.

But some get stonewalled at road meets.....

NE2

Quote from: MisterSG1 on June 17, 2018, 12:39:07 AM
Meaning what? The police harass them for being gay?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

MisterSG1

Quote from: NE2 on June 17, 2018, 12:58:10 AM

Stonewall as in people refusing to acknowledge or speak with others

Alps

*sighs heavily*
I'd like to organize a mini meet where we can drive the new highway and take a look at the Route 7s.

dgolub

Interested.  I'm available any of the days, but Saturday would be easiest.

akotchi

I am in, unless it is the 4th . . .

I may have some tidbits to offer from my work on the area projects as well -- as much as I can tell, anyway.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

74/171FAN

I am already going to be going to a Yankees game on July 4th (meeting my friends at a hotel near the Meadowlands) so I will try to fit this in myself.   Therefore, I would most likely skip out on any meet this time.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

vdeane

I voted for the 8th since it's the most convenient day for me.  I'll probably also be available on the 4th, but that's not confirmed yet.  I definitely can't do the 14th due to the family picnic being the following day, so I'll be heading to Rochester then.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Duke87

Voting against the holiday option but I am likely to show up for any of the three given dates. There is a possibility I may even get Alyssa to come along for this, there just need to be people present who are willing to talk to her about something other than roads. :P
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

cl94

Hey, that's an idea. We could make Stonewall a stop on this thing.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Alps

Quote from: cl94 on June 18, 2018, 11:10:19 PM

Hey, that's an idea. We could make Stonewall a stop on this thing.
Wasn't planning on going into the city, but I figured other than the two main attractions it's just up to what people feel like doing.

Alps

With July 4 ruled out by voting, and July 8 taking a turn toward occupied, I'm setting this to be July 14. Based on the attendees I will either do this as a brunch/meet, lunch/meet, or meet/lunch - since it's Saturday there's no terrible rush. I'll set up a Facebook event but discussion can also happen here.

https://www.facebook.com/events/225241104932052/

(Start time subject to change if people want to meet earlier or later.)

Dougtone

If millennials have taught me anything, it is that any reputable brunch place these days still serves brunch into the 4-6pm time range or even later, so you could do meet then brunch.

cl94

Quote from: Dougtone on June 19, 2018, 09:31:07 PM
If millennials have taught me anything, it is that any reputable brunch place these days still serves brunch into the 4-6pm time range or even later, so you could do meet then brunch.

Well, the place he chose for lunch serves avocado toast...

Dougtone

Quote from: cl94 on June 19, 2018, 09:58:53 PM
Quote from: Dougtone on June 19, 2018, 09:31:07 PM

Well, the place he chose for lunch serves avocado toast...

Great! I'll remember to wear my clip-on man bun then.

Alps

Quote from: Alps on June 18, 2018, 11:38:03 PM
With July 4 ruled out by voting, and July 8 taking a turn toward occupied, I'm setting this to be July 14. Based on the attendees I will either do this as a brunch/meet, lunch/meet, or meet/lunch - since it's Saturday there's no terrible rush. I'll set up a Facebook event but discussion can also happen here.

https://www.facebook.com/events/225241104932052/

(Start time subject to change if people want to meet earlier or later.)
Turns out I not only counted my chickens before they hatched, I forgot to count my ducks after they waddled. The 14th is no good and I'm going to have to move it back to the 8th. I apologize.

NJRoadfan

I'll pencil it on the calendar. No guarantees though.

hbelkins

I'm having to bail on the Missouri trip, so I'm going to keep this in the back of my mind. I've always wanted to take the Skyway. And, as I've said before, the temptation of clinching New York's counties by visiting Suffolk and Nassau is strong.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.