News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

US-90 Huey Long bridge near New Orleans, LA

Started by M3100, June 14, 2020, 02:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M3100

In summer 2019, while on a short tour of New Orleans the bus driver made a detour for our group to cross over the Huey Long bridge.  It was impressive, but a challenge to photograph out of a side window.  Here are some pics; the 3rd shows a protective 'cage' for high voltage lines that passed below a section of the bridge.  I have not seen a cage like that elsewhere.

fillup420

I have always wanted to see a train go over that bridge

nexus73

Back in the Nineties was when I crossed this bridge.  The lanes were way too narrow for me!  That routing was never taken again.  Since then I heard about improvements done to the bridge.  It sure needed them!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

M3100

Our tour bus driver also had a truck-driving gig.  He mentioned that the older, pre-widened bridge was a challenge to drive over.  He said when the freight trains come through the structure vibrations were really noticeable.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.