Gauging interest in an AARoads Forum bracket challenge

Started by OCGuy81, March 03, 2021, 08:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I-55

So far been a good day for the Big 12. 3-0 with a chance to go 4-0.
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

Alps

Quote from: cabiness42 on March 19, 2021, 10:04:52 PM
Quote from: I-55 on March 19, 2021, 09:54:46 PM
Quote from: I-55 on March 19, 2021, 06:04:06 PM
Ohio State can't win at Mackey Arena confirmed.
And Purdue can't win at Lucas Oil confirmed

Should have had Big Ten teams play in Bloomington. They're all used to winning there.
Hey, it worked for Rutgers, a school used to losing.

Roadgeekteen

Oral roberts probably busted all of your brackets
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Alps

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 20, 2021, 12:12:11 AM
Oral roberts probably busted all of your brackets
Nope. I had Ohio losing in the Round of 32 in both of them, so I'm only busted for one round. Actually doing quite well relative to normal, so I'mma day 1 brag about being in 1st place in our group (highest possible points), knowing that I'm about to be completely screwed and end up 12th place in the end.

hotdogPi

I know they're spelled differently, but Purdue chickened out.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

thspfc

My bracket was sitting in a dismal T-14th place out of 16 at one point last night. But I went 4/4 on the late wave of games, including two upsets. Now I'm back in the mix, up to T-6th.

thspfc

It also might be worth noting that I have the second most maximum possible points of the group right now, as I've only lost one sweet 16 team (Ohio State) and still have all my elite 8 teams. Knock on wood.

thspfc

LSU's 76-61 victory over St. Bonaventure moves eight of us into a tie for second place. An 8-way tie!

thspfc

Covid makes its first interference of the tournament, eliminating VCU and costing me critical points. Awesome.

Rothman

How the freak did I end up tied for 1st? :D

That won't last. :D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Big John

#1 Illinois got busted.  Another loss for the B1G.

I-55

Quote from: Big John on March 21, 2021, 02:21:21 PM
#1 Illinois got busted.  Another loss for the B1G.

After going a career worst 17/32 in the round of 64, I have a lot less to lose this round so BRING ON THE CARNAGE!

I only had Illinois and Ohio State going so far that their losses don't hurt much. Two years ago I went 28-32 in the opening round, and ended up finishing last because I only got 1/8 Elite Eight teams. Final Four picks are worth 8x the points of any R64 game, and 7/8 of my E8 teams remain which is why even in last I'm not sweating it yet.

OCGuy81

Pretty crazy weekend of upsets. Loyola Chicago clearly has a lucky charm in Sister Jean!

OCGuy81

Also, congrats to those tied for first at the moment, each with 230 points

AARoadsRothman

TravelingBethelite

Mm

thspfc

Syracuse's 75-72 upset win over West Virginia moves me into stand-alone first place at 270 points. But with my national champion pick (Illinois) out of the tournament, we'll see if it sticks.

Alps

Quote from: thspfc on March 21, 2021, 07:32:09 PM
Syracuse's 75-72 upset win over West Virginia moves me into stand-alone first place at 270 points. But with my national champion pick (Illinois) out of the tournament, we'll see if it sticks.
I've got the only Baylor pick so I think I basically win if they win and lose if they lose.

Rothman

Well, I'm one of the many #2s in the group now and have started my expected slide downwards towards oblivion. :D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

OCGuy81

Congrats to Mm...our current leader at 330 points after a weekend full of many an upset!

thspfc

Quote from: OCGuy81 on March 22, 2021, 10:08:58 AM
Congrats to Mm...our current leader at 330 points after a weekend full of many an upset!
Thanks. Arkansas, Villanova, and Syracuse came up big for me. Illinois, on the other hand . . . despite the fact that I have a 40 point lead, I feel that my only chance of winning, or even finishing in the top half for that matter, is if Gonzaga loses before they get to the national title game. Preferably to Iowa in the Elite 8, but I'll take it however I can get it. Even though I have them beating OU, I'm rooting for them to lose today because I'm one of the only people in our group who doesn't have them in the Final Four.

Rothman

Quote from: thspfc on March 22, 2021, 11:48:24 AM
Quote from: OCGuy81 on March 22, 2021, 10:08:58 AM
Thanks. Arkansas, Villanova, and Syracuse came up big for me. Illinois, on the other hand . . . despite the fact that I have a 40 point lead, I feel that my only chance of winning, or even finishing in the top half for that matter, is if Gonzaga loses before they get to the national title game. Preferably to Iowa in the Elite 8, but I'll take it however I can get it. Even though I have them beating OU, I'm rooting for them to lose today because I'm one of the only people in our group who doesn't have them in the Final Four.

Heh.  Your possible max speaks more than your current point total. :D

thspfc

The second weekend of the tournament begins with cl94 in the lead. I'm 10 points back in second place. Cl94 still has all four of his final four teams. Let's hope Alabama loses so that the rest of us have a chance.  :-D

I-55

Quote from: thspfc on March 27, 2021, 02:56:51 PM
The second weekend of the tournament begins with cl94 in the lead. I'm 10 points back in second place. Cl94 still has all four of his final four teams. Let's hope Alabama loses so that the rest of us have a chance.  :-D

That's the exact LAST thing I need...

Roll Tide

Rothman

NWI_Irish96

Should have entered my son's bracket instead of mine. He has Houston beating Gonzaga in the final.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

cl94

Quote from: thspfc on March 27, 2021, 02:56:51 PM

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW TIDE!
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.