News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

When will this heat STOP?!

Started by snowc, September 15, 2021, 04:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

snowc

skluth

I'm in Palm Springs. It's almost always hot. Though it's only going to be 70°F today so the furnace will be on again tonight.  :bigass:

tolbs17

snowc

While temps are expected to be in the 100s this Friday, we are now expected to have our first Heat advisory soon!
That means the heat is on and will not stop until September.
Bryce

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: snowc on May 17, 2022, 01:51:14 PM
While temps are expected to be in the 100s this Friday, we are now expected to have our first Heat advisory soon!
Bryce

So the "heat"  hasn't even started yet but you are projecting when it will stop?  I thought this was a present tense thread regarding already initiated heat waves?  Also, your prediction is non-stop 100F plus weather in your area straight through without interruption to September?

snowc

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 17, 2022, 01:54:29 PM
Bryce

So the "heat"  hasn't even started yet but you are projecting when it will stop?  I thought this was a present tense thread regarding already initiated heat waves?  Also, your prediction is non-stop 100F plus weather in your area straight through without interruption to September?
No, the Heat index is going to be in the 100s, signaling the start of summer. I am making predictions on when it will end, which I think is going to be September.
Bryce

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: snowc on May 17, 2022, 01:56:06 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 17, 2022, 01:54:29 PM
Bryce

No, the Heat index is going to be in the 100s, signaling the start of summer. I am making predictions on when it will end, which I think is going to be September.
Bryce

"Is going to"  but isn't presently.  So basically you're preemptively whining about something that hasn't happened yet.  Heat index versus the actual forecasted temperature are two different things.  If you follow the astronomical calendar then Summer doesn't start until June 23rd, June 1st if you prefer the simplified meteorological calendar. 

JayhawkCO

I just wanted to post in a deleted thread to say that I did.

Max Rockatansky

When will deleted thread STOP?!

US 89

are we sure snowc and Angelo from Pittsburgh aren’t the same person  :-D

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: US 89 on May 20, 2022, 11:26:57 AM
are we sure snowc and Angelo from Pittsburgh aren't the same person  :-D

I prefer the snolbs17 theory.

Rothman

I think this one's telling as to who started the thread.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

GaryV

Quote from: Brandon on May 20, 2022, 12:23:56 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 20, 2022, 10:03:19 AM

No stop till Alanland!

Where it stops and it doesn't stop.

Max Rockatansky

No stop till Alanland!

Too flat, I prefer the mountains splendor or Illinois.  I'm just waiting for that Hypotenuse to be built which will provide direct access to from Ethanland to Chicago. 

hbelkins

I don't follow the NBA. Are the Miami Heat still playing, or has someone stopped them?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: hbelkins on May 20, 2022, 01:13:05 PM
I don't follow the NBA. Are the Miami Heat still playing, or has someone stopped them?

They haven't been deleted yet from the Eastern Conference Finals.  Unclear yet if the Heat will be finally stopped by the Celtics. 

kphoger

Asheville has a forecast high temperature of 69°F on Tuesday.

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JayhawkCO

I feel like I need this to delete thread.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on May 20, 2022, 01:52:10 PM

Asheville has a forecast high temperature of 69°F on Tuesday.

But the world doesn't revolve around Asheville, it revolves around Raleigh (which is forecasted for 75F).

Quote from: snowc on September 15, 2021, 04:16:00 PM
this thread was posted from a deleted user, which no longer is on this forum.

Low key admission that this was tolbs all along?

Scott5114

Those who quote the OP continue to be the MVP. zachary_amaryllis gets the gold star this time.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 20, 2022, 12:54:27 PM

No stop till Alanland!

Too flat, I prefer the mountains splendor or Illinois.  I'm just waiting for that Hypotenuse to be built which will provide direct access to from Ethanland to Chicago. 

Via a Parclo B4

kphoger

Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 20, 2022, 05:39:21 PM

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 20, 2022, 12:54:27 PM

No stop till Alanland!

Via a Parclo B4

Progress on that has been halted for now, due to the impending stock market crash.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadgeekteen

It's been over 90 in Needham this whole week. Hotter than normal, but not awful for this time of year.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.