News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Least favorite type of weather?

Started by Roadgeekteen, August 02, 2017, 03:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one?

Sun
2 (9.1%)
Rain
1 (4.5%)
Clouds
2 (9.1%)
Fog
2 (9.1%)
Hurricane
1 (4.5%)
Earthquake
3 (13.6%)
Thunderstorm
0 (0%)
Other
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 22

kkt

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kkt

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 13, 2017, 05:12:31 PM
Quote from: kkt on September 12, 2017, 07:13:10 PM
Forest fire smoke.
Is not weather.

Forest fire smoke is a component of weather.  It appears in the NWS forecasts.

ET21

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 13, 2017, 05:12:31 PM
Quote from: kkt on September 12, 2017, 07:13:10 PM
Forest fire smoke.
Is not weather.

It is and can influence local and regional weather. Hence why the NWS has fire weather products
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

hotdogPi

Why aren't "extreme heat" and "extreme cold" options?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on August 02, 2017, 05:34:41 PM
When it's damn too hot.

Seconded.  Heat would be my answer.  Anything above 86°F/30°C is irritating.  Anything above 95°F/35°C gives me a continual, burning passionate hatred for life itself.  With the cold, at least you can layer up and do something about it.  With the heat, you're just helpless, powerless to prevent your fate of suffering every second of your exposure to it.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: paulthemapguy on October 27, 2017, 11:28:09 PM
When it's damn too hot.

Seconded.  Heat would be my answer.  Anything above 86°F/30°C is irritating.  Anything above 95°F/35°C gives me a continual, burning passionate hatred for life itself.  With the cold, at least you can layer up and do something about it.  With the heat, you're just helpless, powerless to prevent your fate of suffering every second of your exposure to it.
I also prefer cold to hot. But I prefer warm to cool.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

sparker

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on October 27, 2017, 11:32:47 PM
When it's damn too hot.

I also prefer cold to hot. But I prefer warm to cool.

For some odd reason (plausible G.W.!) we're getting roller-coaster weather around here tied to high pressure zones just sitting over NE California, which not only brings Diablo (NE to SW) winds (called Santa Anas in SoCal) that stoke fires, but extended heat days (peaking out at 96-97 in San Jose, previously unheard of in late October).  Unless you're willing to line PG&E's pockets by running your AC constantly on max, it's well past uncomfortable and heading rapidly toward untenable.  And every time there's a break it only lasts 3-4 days until the heat returns.  This close to the water the heat inevitably includes humidity, so that makes it much worse.  Hopefully, this won't be a pattern through November -- but I've come to fear the worst! 

7/8

When it's damn too hot.

Well said! I was in Orlando in August, and it was in the low to mid 30's Celsius, and it made me wonder how people could live with that on a regular basis. Doing outdoor labour in the south must be terrible!

Then again, my younger brother is moving to Thompson, MB for work. If I lived up there during the winter, it would make me realize how crappy true cold is.

Hurricane Rex

I don't have a least favorite, I've grown to like them all. Earthquakes I consider a part of geology and that in my area ......
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

kkt

Hot and muggy, right after forest fire smoke.

kphoger

Rainy and barely above freezing.

But that's because I'm not a deer hunter.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

allniter89

:D
Quote from: jp the roadgeek on August 04, 2017, 07:09:42 PM
-10, heavy snow, and 60 MPH winds.
That sounds like I-80/Wyoming in the spring
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.