AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Western Canada Road Projects  (Read 37170 times)

AsphaltPlanet

• Bagel Technician - H&H Bagel

• Last Login: Today at 06:27:06 PM
Re: Western Canada Road Projects
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2018, 09:20:17 PM »

Video of the first phase of the Regina By-pass in Saskatchewan:

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

oscar

• Last Login: Today at 10:06:37 PM
    • my Hot Springs and Highways pages
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2018, 12:42:08 AM »

Thanks for posting this!

On the signs approaching the bypass from the east, route markers indicating that the TCH follows the bypass have been covered in greenout, with temporary signs that the bypass is just for local traffic to Arcola Ave. (SK 33). Also, signage on westbound Arcola approaching the Ring Rd. says that the TCH still follows the Ring Rd. both north and south of that interchange. This clarifies that the TCH hasn't been rerouted, at least not until the next phase of the bypass is completed.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Duke87

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 10:36:18 PM
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2018, 09:03:35 PM »

Oh so they're building an entirely new Ring Road rather than just tying into the existing one on the south side of town. Okay.

I guess they want to leave room for future development inside the new ring but at this point this seems like a weird decision since this adds 5 km or so over the existing route, about the same to a bypass tying directly into the existing Ring Rd near SK 6.

Since all you're really bypassing that isn't already a freeway is a 5 km section of divided highway with a few signalized intersections... the time savings of using the bypass will be marginal at best outside of busy hours.

I drove through there heading westbound last week and can confirm that the new mainline where it diverges from the old is still signed as "To Arcola Av" with the TCH 1 shield greened out.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Chris

• International road enthusiast

• Last Login: Today at 04:25:39 PM
    • Flickr
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2018, 09:28:35 AM »

The Trans-Canada will definitely be rerouted across the new bypass:

SSR_317

• Why does FHWA hate "Exit 0"?

• Last Login: March 15, 2024, 05:06:24 PM
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2018, 10:41:33 AM »

Video of the first phase of the Regina By-pass in Saskatchewan:

Thanks for posting this! As a CFL fan, I enjoyed seeing the side trip to new Mosaic, home of #RiderNation (BTW, nice win over the defending Grey Cup champs on Friday). Regina looks like a beautiful city, hope to visit there someday.

dmuzika

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 11:20:33 AM
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2018, 11:29:19 AM »

It's been a busy week in Calgary as politicians come to Stampede bearing gifts, is an election on the horizion?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.