News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Street Sign Name Game

Started by jbnv, March 08, 2017, 09:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscar

N. 9th St. => Hal Rogers Parkway (London KY):

my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

US71

State Line Ave Texarkana

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Henry

State Line Avenue => 89th Street:

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

SD Mapman

89th St -> Hat Six Rd

The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - G.K. Chesterton

SD Mapman

Hat Six Rd -> Xanadu St

The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - G.K. Chesterton

US71

Quote from: SD Mapman on May 08, 2022, 05:39:50 PM
Hat Six Rd -> Xanadu St

Any sign of Olivia Newton John? ;)

oscar

Xanadu St. is a good find. Where did you find it? Just in case someone else wants to play a Xanadu St. from somewhere else, and wants to make sure it's a different one (this game doesn't permit replays of the same street name, unless it's for a completely different street).

Xanadu St. => Unicoi Rd. (Erwin TN):

my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

SD Mapman

Quote from: oscar on May 08, 2022, 06:11:57 PM
Xanadu St. is a good find. Where did you find it? Just in case someone else wants to play a Xanadu St. from somewhere else, and wants to make sure it's a different one (this game doesn't permit replays of the same street name, unless it's for a completely different street).
Aurora, CO by the children's hospital. Saw it and managed to snap a quick pic as I was walking across Colfax because I knew it could get out of my self-inflicted bind.

SD Mapman

Unicoi Rd. -> Ivinson Ave. (Laramie, WY)

7/8

Ivinson Avenue to Northwest Boulevard (on I-80 in Davenport, IA):

formulanone

Northwest -> Topaz Drive (Fort Chiswell, VA):

US71

Topaz to Zero St (Fort Smith, AR)

SD Mapman

Zero St -> One-hundred-tenth St. (Kansas City, KS)

formulanone

110th Street -> Hilight Road (Wright, Wyoming):

Henry

Hilight Road => Trinity Avenue (Atlanta, GA):

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

SD Mapman

Trinity Ave. -> Yellowstone Rd. (Cheyenne, WY)

SD Mapman

Yellowstone Rd. -> Elm St. (Fort Collins, CO)

US71

Elm St --> Marcella St  Saint James, MO
(Mom never did understand my fascination with road signs.)

kphoger

MARCELLA  →  APOLLO (Lafayette, LA)

[from KATC Channel 3]
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

SD Mapman

Apollo Rd. -> Ogden Ave. (Chicago, IL)

SD Mapman

BTW if it helps anyone I think either an N or an H would work, since North Ave. in Chicago hasn't gone yet.

Apologies if people already noticed this, but I just did (didn't when I posted it lol) so I figured I'd get it out there into the public consciousness.

SD Mapman

Ogden Ave. -> Norris St. (Wall, SD)

formulanone

Norris -> Sooner Road (Oklahoma City)

7/8

Sooner Road to Ravenscroft Road (on Taunton Road in Ajax, ON):

7/8

48-hour rule.

Ravenscroft Road to Teal Road (on Highway 3 in Fort Erie, ON):

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.