News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I'm officially off the Jim Harbaugh bandwagon

Started by ce929wax, September 07, 2019, 11:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ce929wax

After today's steaming pile of a game against Army, Jim Harbaugh needs to be fired.  He will never take Michigan to the playoff, let alone a National Championship.  This year the Wolverines will win three Big 10 teams at best and will likely lose to Michigan State (no big deal, I root for both teams), Ohio State, and probably even Maryland the way they are looking this year.  I hope I'm wrong, but still, Harbaugh has to go.

Alps

If he hasn't gone by now after losing to Ohio every year, he's never going :(

Big John

^^ You mean Ohio State as they don't play against the Bobcats

cl94

You're underestimating how good Army is. This is the team that came close to upsetting Oklahoma last year. Each of the past couple years, they've been a close game short of the Top 25.

Quote from: Alps on September 07, 2019, 11:52:45 PM

This. If he isn't getting fired for that, losing to Army won't be what does him in.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Max Rockatansky

Wasn't Army on a 10 game win streak?  I saw the line was like 22 points or something, that seemed way too high even for a home game at Michigan.  I'm a Michigan guy also and I agree that Harbaugh hasn't done anywhere close to what has been expected but I think were seriously underestimating Army based off last year.

Alps

Quote from: Big John on September 07, 2019, 11:56:27 PM
I said Ohio. I could have said "the shitty community college in central Ohio" for clarity.

Alps

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 08, 2019, 12:22:11 AM
Wasn't Army on a 10 game win streak?  I saw the line was like 22 points or something, that seemed way too high even for a home game at Michigan.  I'm a Michigan guy also and I agree that Harbaugh hasn't done anywhere close to what has been expected but I think were seriously underestimating Army based off last year.
Army is always a threat on offense. No one else does the triple threat like they do, so usually they stand a chance against anyone based on that. However, their defense is usually relatively easy to shred by a good team. Michigan's defense is doing just fine after holding Army to just two scores in the game, but their offense is just not clicking yet, and that's the story of the game. They've got a bye week to figure things out before the Big Ten kicks in, so they better start rolling soon.

KeithE4Phx

Quote from: Alps on September 08, 2019, 01:05:02 AM
I said Ohio. I could have said "the shitty community college in central Ohio" for clarity.

I prefer "THE Columbus Suckeyes," who I wouldn't root for if they were playing the Taliban.  :)
"Oh, so you hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called "EVERYBODY!" They meet at the bar." -- Drew Carey

Brandon

Why?  I love Jim Hairball being at UM.  His win/loss records at MSU and OSU are wonderful! :-)
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Hey Jersey Numbnuts. Is there a problem with my school?!?!
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

hbelkins

Calling tOSU "Ohio" is a popular insult. Much like we call Duke "Dook" or North Carolina "Tar Holes."

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on September 08, 2019, 05:59:02 PM

Yeah, it's shitty. :)

US 89

Quote from: Alps on September 08, 2019, 07:35:28 PM

I mean, if you think you can trademark the most common word in the English language... :-P

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: US 89 on September 08, 2019, 08:40:34 PM
Quote from: Alps on September 08, 2019, 07:35:28 PM

I mean, if you think you can trademark the most common word in the English language... :-P

Which is well established terrible California slang. 

Billy F 1988

I really could care less if Michigan wins any game, let alone with this steaming pile of hot garbage in Harbaugh. Michigan will be better off WITHOUT the Harbaughs, period!
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

ce929wax

Quote from: Alps on September 07, 2019, 11:52:45 PM

I'm afraid you're probably right.

Max Rockatansky

I seem to recall everyone bitched during the Lloyd Carr era also...really pretty much with every coach.  One of the things about the Michigan fan base (which I'm a part of) is how much bitching and complaining goes on every year related to the football team.  Yeah the expectations are higher are Michigan, but everyone always seems to wonder why it is one of the most hated fan bases out there...this is why.  It's not like UofM even lost to Army, it's still potentially a long season (granted they need to improve greatly).  It could be worse, Rich Rodriguez could still be around. 

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 09, 2019, 09:43:07 PM
I seem to recall everyone bitched during the Lloyd Carr era also...really pretty much with every coach.  One of the things about the Michigan fan base (which I'm a part of) is how much bitching and complaining goes on every year related to the football team.  Yeah the expectations are higher are Michigan, but everyone always seems to wonder why it is one of the most hated fan bases out there...this is why.  It's not like UofM even lost to Army, it's still potentially a long season (granted they need to improve greatly).  It could be worse, Rich Rodriguez could still be around. 
The bitching started after Alps favorite school won a National Championship in 2002 (year after I graduated), and has been consistent after Bo passed away.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on September 09, 2019, 09:51:08 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 09, 2019, 09:43:07 PM
The bitching started after Alps favorite school won a National Championship in 2002 (year after I graduated), and has been consistent after Bo passed away.

No it just had a wider social media platform.  People complained all the time even about abo Schembechler because he didn't win a National Championship.  Even in the Appalachian State year the Michigan fans were calling for Lloyd Carr's head...it turned out to be a pretty solid year after that loss. 

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: ce929wax on September 07, 2019, 11:35:07 PM
After today's steaming pile of a game against Army, Jim Harbaugh needs to be fired.  He will never take Michigan to the playoff, let alone a National Championship.  This year the Wolverines will win three Big 10 teams at best and will likely lose to Michigan State (no big deal, I root for both teams), Ohio State, and probably even Maryland the way they are looking this year.  I hope I'm wrong, but still, Harbaugh has to go.

As a Notre Dame and MSU alum, I hope Harbaugh is coaching Michigan for a very long time.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

SP Cook

IMHO,

- It is cute that people still think actual relevant football is played north of the Mason-Dixon Line and Ohio River; or west of the Rockies. 

- Personally, I don't care for the "community college" smack talk relative to ANY college rivalry.  With a handful of exceptions (Boise State being the chief) EVERY school in Division I-A (AKA the FBS) is a major Master's or more often Doctoral level institution, with high admission standards.  Both Ohio State, and Michigan, are AAU (the highest level) members.  Yes, it can be all in fun, but smacking down a college you never attended on behalf of another college you never attended, can come off a being a rube.  Most actual alumni don't do that.

- I find the whole Ohio, Ohio State, thing tiresome.   As I do the "The" thing.  Most every school is "The".  Penn State is legally "The Pennsylvania State University".  Akron is "The University of Akron".  VIrginia Tech is "The Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University".  Even Ohio U is legally "The Ohio University".  OSU:  you are not special, and you look silly.  Michigan:  Ohio and Ohio State are two different colleges, you look silly.

- Demographics is destiny.  Which brings me back to point number one.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: SP Cook on September 10, 2019, 09:36:12 AM
IMHO,

- It is cute that people still think actual relevant football is played north of the Mason-Dixon Line and Ohio River; or west of the Rockies. 

- Personally, I don't care for the "community college" smack talk relative to ANY college rivalry.  With a handful of exceptions (Boise State being the chief) EVERY school in Division I-A (AKA the FBS) is a major Master's or more often Doctoral level institution, with high admission standards.  Both Ohio State, and Michigan, are AAU (the highest level) members.  Yes, it can be all in fun, but smacking down a college you never attended on behalf of another college you never attended, can come off a being a rube.  Most actual alumni don't do that.

- I find the whole Ohio, Ohio State, thing tiresome.   As I do the "The" thing.  Most every school is "The".  Penn State is legally "The Pennsylvania State University".  Akron is "The University of Akron".  VIrginia Tech is "The Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University".  Even Ohio U is legally "The Ohio University".  OSU:  you are not special, and you look silly.  Michigan:  Ohio and Ohio State are two different colleges, you look silly.

- Demographics is destiny.  Which brings me back to point number one.

The biggest issue pretty much the entire Big Ten and really any school up north is all the talent is moving away.  The bigger Big Ten schools get a lot of their recruits from sun belt regions but they are fighting a losing battle to conferences in those regions.  This isn't a new problem it's just been getting more pronounced since the 1980s.  Places like Michigan, Ohio and Indiana are nowhere near as attractive to most college kids with options over warmer climates.  The population is shifting away from what many consider more traditional college sports locales. 

renegade

Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Brandon

Quote from: SP Cook on September 10, 2019, 09:36:12 AM
IMHO,

Other than the semi-professional team called "Alabama", there's not much south of the Ohio River there.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.