News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Routes you've used in 2 bordering states but never crossed the state line on it

Started by SkyPesos, April 19, 2022, 10:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: abefroman329 on April 21, 2022, 10:57:02 AM
I-24 from Tunnel Hill Road to I-57

Quote from: webny99 on April 21, 2022, 11:16:46 AM

Quote from: kphoger on April 21, 2022, 11:01:17 AM
Goreville to I-57 is a pretty drive.   :thumbsup:

(It even has hills.)

The fastest route from Goreville, IL to I-57 doesn't appear to even involve I-24 in either direction. What am I missing here?

I read that wrong.  I thought he had used Tunnel Hill Road to get from I-24 to I-57–when, actually, he had used I-24 to get from Tunnel Hill Road to I-57.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

SkyPesos

Something else that I noticed with a lot of routes listed here is that the routes are generally not that useful relative to your home city. Like from my example, I-80/90/94 are interstates I've used a bit, but only west of I-65 (for trips to Chicago and points west) and east of I-76/71/75 (for trips to the Northeast and Ontario) respectively, because there's not that many reasons for someone starting in Cincinnati to use the section in between.

kphoger

But seriously...  if you're ever in southern Illinois and are looking for a really scenic drive...

https://goo.gl/maps/MVAwvnkEzjQECAeRA
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

abefroman329

Quote from: kphoger on April 21, 2022, 11:32:58 AM
Quote from: abefroman329 on April 21, 2022, 10:57:02 AM
I-24 from Tunnel Hill Road to I-57

Quote from: webny99 on April 21, 2022, 11:16:46 AM

Quote from: kphoger on April 21, 2022, 11:01:17 AM
Goreville to I-57 is a pretty drive.   :thumbsup:

(It even has hills.)

The fastest route from Goreville, IL to I-57 doesn't appear to even involve I-24 in either direction. What am I missing here?

I read that wrong.  I thought he had used Tunnel Hill Road to get from I-24 to I-57–when, actually, he had used I-24 to get from Tunnel Hill Road to I-57.
Yes, that is what he did.

kphoger

Quote from: Rothman on April 21, 2022, 11:41:49 AM

Quote from: kphoger on April 21, 2022, 11:40:58 AM
But seriously...  if you're ever in southern Illinois and are looking for a really scenic drive...

https://goo.gl/maps/MVAwvnkEzjQECAeRA

Illinois is flat.

As a pancake, indeed.  It's mainly scenic because of the trees–which are quite visible due to the obvious lack of hills obstructing one's view of them.
Male pronouns, please.

SkyPesos

I don't remember seeing a Lord Carhorn video with footage from southern IL (south of Carbondale/Marion) before, which is where the actual non-flat parts are.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: SkyPesos on April 21, 2022, 11:49:46 AM
I don't remember seeing a Lord Carhorn video with footage from southern IL (south of Carbondale/Marion) before, which is where the actual non-flat parts are.

He can't make it that far away from home before the rage sets in and he has to go back.

I-55

Clinched as Passenger
Crossed all state lines as passenger (for states I've been to on it)

I-24: Covered I-59 to I-65 north split and overlap with I-69. Missing KY-TN crossing as driver, and the eastern TN-GA.
I-40: Arkansas overlaps with US-67 (as passenger) and I-55, Tennessee between I-240 and I-24 east split (I-24 and I-65 overlaps as driver) as well as I-75 to TN-66. Missing Mississippi River Bridge.
I-55: Traveled in all states except LA, not been to STL. Also don't think I've driven it in Illinois, but I've driven everything from Sikeston to Jackson.
I-64: Only driven concurrencies with I-57 and I-75, have been passenger for everything between I-265 (IN) and Beckley, WV. Technically I-64 doesn't cross from IL to KY directly but was worth mentioning
I-70: Driven in Indianapolis, as well as I-270 (OH) to Washington, PA. Also drove in MD but didn't cross at Hancock (shunpiked on I-68). So technically missing 2 (IN/OH, PA/MD)
I-75: Wapakoneta-Piqua, Georgetown, KY - Rocky Top, TN. Missing Brent Spence bridge as driver, ridden full route minus Macon from Bowling Green, OH to the Florida Turnpike.
I-76: Free portion in Ohio, turnpike from I-70 west split to Harrisburg. Haven't crossed at Eastgate. All as passenger

Won't even bother trying US routes
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

jaehak

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on April 20, 2022, 05:39:38 PM
Quote from: kphoger on April 20, 2022, 12:01:18 PM
I'm surprised I'm not the only one on here with I-29 MO/IA.  Is it because y'all have used them in KC and either Council Bluffs or Sioux City but not in the rural areas between them?

For me, I've driven the stretch from KC up to St Joseph but then kept going north on US-71 that trip.  I've also driven up into Council Bluffs (and on to Sioux City) but had entered I-29 from NE-2 on that trip.  So the stretch from I-229 to NE-2 is a gap for me.

Yeah, in my case my initial foray on I-29 in MO was the I-35 duplex, then my initial Iowa mileage on I-29 came on the former 29/680 duplex. I now have two separate pieces of 29 in MO (from St. Joe to the 435 split, and the 35 duplex), and in IA from 680 to Sioux City, but still haven't crossed the border.

I forgot 29 MO/IA on mine. Been on 29 in KC a zillion times, and just once in Iowa, but I cut over to Nebraska City to hit 75 to Topeka, mainly because it was my first (and still only) time in Nebraska.

SkyPesos

Quote from: I-55 on April 21, 2022, 12:41:30 PM
Clinched as Passenger

I-24: Covered I-59 to I-65 north split and overlap with I-69. Missing KY-TN crossing as driver, and the eastern TN-GA.
I-40: Arkansas overlaps with US-67 (as passenger) and I-55, Tennessee between I-240 and I-24 east split (I-24 and I-65 overlaps as driver) as well as I-75 to TN-66. Missing Mississippi River Bridge.
I-55: Traveled in all states except LA, not been to STL. Also don't think I've driven it in Illinois, but I've driven everything from Sikeston to Jackson.
I-64: Only driven concurrencies with I-57 and I-75, have been passenger for everything between I-265 (IN) and Beckley, WV. Technically I-64 doesn't cross from IL to KY directly but was worth mentioning
I-70: Driven in Indianapolis, as well as I-270 (OH) to Washington, PA. Also drove in MD but didn't cross at Hancock (shunpiked on I-68). So technically missing 2 (IN/OH, PA/MD)
I-75: Wapakoneta-Piqua, Georgetown, KY - Rocky Top, TN. Missing Brent Spence bridge as driver, ridden full route minus Macon from Bowling Green, OH to the Florida Turnpike.
I-76: Free portion in Ohio, turnpike from I-70 west split to Harrisburg. Haven't crossed at Eastgate. All as passenger

You might've got this thread mixed up with another one: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=31381.0

I-55

Quote from: SkyPesos on April 21, 2022, 12:58:16 PM
Quote from: I-55 on April 21, 2022, 12:41:30 PM
Clinched as Passenger

You might've got this thread mixed up with another one: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=31381.0

Still fits this thread, and I hadn't seen that other one yet though it would fit there too if I expanded more on it.
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

TheStranger

I-10: CA/AZ, AZ/NM (went on bits of I-10 but mostly stuck to US 70 west of Las Cruces and US 60 from Globe to Wickenburg)
I-35: OK/TX
I-40: CA/AZ (used AZ 95 to get into Arizona to get gas during the big roadtrip), NM/TX (I think I used old US 66 to cross the state line instead) TN/NC
I-44: OK/MO (used old US 66 to get between Miami, OK and Joplin, MO via Kansas)
I-55: MO/AR (went one way through St. Louis, then went through Memphis on another part of my big roadtrip last year)
I-65: TN/AL
I-77: OH/WV
I-95: NJ/PA (this was prior to the I-276 connection being finished, though), SC/GA

Chris Sampang

jp the roadgeek

A couple of multi-state state routes:

NH/ME 9 (as well as NY 7/VT 9)
MA/NH 10
CT/MA and MA/NH 12
CT/MA 32
CT/RI and RI/MA 138
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Takumi

VA/NC 49
US 15, VA/NC
US 501, VA/NC
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

formulanone

US 1: GA-SC-NC-VA-DC-MD
US 5: CT-MA-VT
US 10: MN-WI-MI
US 12: MN-SD
US 13: NC-VA
US 14: WI-IL
US 15: SC-NC-VA, MD-PA
US 17: NC-VA
US 19: FL-GA, WV-PA
US 20: MA-NY-PA, OH-IN, IL-IA-NE-WY

Charles2

I-10: MS - LA
I-20: LA - TX
I-26: SC - NC
I-35: MO - KS
I-40: TN - NC
I-64: WV - VA
I-94: IN - MI
I-95: GA - SC, DE - PA

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.