Ottawa/Eastern Ontario trip following the road meet in Montreal

Started by Dougtone, May 20, 2011, 10:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougtone

I'll be visiting the Ottawa/Gatineau area next weekend, following the road meet next Saturday in Montreal, as well as heading up towards Renfew and Arnprior.  I'll be heading into the Ottawa area via Highway 417, and heading back into New York State by way of Cornwall.  That being said, is there anything thing noteworthy or interesting road wise that I should keep an eye out for, and not necessarily along the beaten path?  On the Ontario side of things, I plan on clinching Highway 417, taking some of the older alignments of Highway 417, and of course, driving along the other main highways around Ottawa.  For the Quebec side of things, I'll probably stick mainly with Autoroutes 5 and 50 around Gatineau.

Also, if anyone can suggest an interesting pub in or around Ottawa for Sunday dinner, I'd be interested in your suggestions on that as well.

And for those who may be interested, I figured I'd post the link to the forum topic for the meet.
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=4457.0

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.