News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

New US 51 - Cairo Bridge

Started by edwaleni, May 06, 2024, 03:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwaleni

Quote from: seicer on May 08, 2024, 07:25:40 PM
Quote from: Rothman on May 08, 2024, 03:36:52 PMI don't know.  Seems there are places that are more depressing than Cairo out there.  New Straitsville, OH, comes to mind.
While working at an event in Paducah, I got to have a long conversation with a Publix executive who works remotely. He moved his family from Florida to... Cairo because it was "quiet" and had "good schools" for his son. I hope it works out for his family but that's a huge cultural shock.

Interesting. They probably live on Washington Ave. It has some of the most beautiful homes from the late 1800's to early 1900's, but just 3 blocks away are some of the most derelict, weed infested homes I have ever seen surrounded by tons of empty lots. it's definitely a town of extremes.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.